Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pam Berg Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2014, 11:41 PM
    indicate someone after arrest
    How long does prosecution have to indicate someone after arrested?

In Rockford Illinois
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 4, 2014, 06:06 AM
    Illinois does not require a indictment from the grand jury to proceed with the case.

When the charge is a felony, a waiver of preliminary hearing by an accused person, a finding of probable cause by a judge or a grand jury indictment is necessary before a court can proceed to a trial on the charge. In Illinois, prosecution of a felony may be by information or by indictment.
    Illinois State Bar Association | The Association for Illinois Lawyers

The case can proceed by process of "information" and proceed to the preliminary hearing.

Illinois does not require a indictment from the grand jury to proceed with the case.

When the charge is a felony, a waiver of preliminary hearing by an accused person, a finding of probable cause by a judge or a grand jury indictment is necessary before a court can proceed to a trial on the charge. In Illinois, prosecution of a felony may be by information or by indictment.
    Www.isba.org

The case can proceed by process of "information" and proceed to the preliminary hearing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Arrest [ 5 Answers ]

Can my friends husband arrest me for lying to them about illness and they just found out... they are very angry? Thy have been harassing me

Arrest [ 3 Answers ]

Will the NYC department of correction hire you if you were arrested to petit larcany

My sons arrest [ 1 Answers ]

My son is 20 years old. He was arrested last night (saturday) for stealing a gun from a person having a party. He finally confessed to tossing the gun in the bay. He was arrested on third degree felony and will appear in fromt of the judge in the morning. What can we expect? Will he be offered a...

Old arrest [ 4 Answers ]

I was arrested when I was 21yrs (now 37), paid bail and never heard another thing, no court date, etc. Now, I am planning to apply for a passport and am concerned this will show up and all hell will break loose. I just ran a criminal background check on myself and nothing came up?? Any...

When are they going to arrest her? [ 17 Answers ]

So my mother-in-law owns her own realty business and had this secretary who has embezzled two hundred thousand dollars. They received the final amount a couple of months ago. Now it's been a year since this whole investigation and DA had started all this and yet this woman is still working for a...

View more questions Search