Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kktobias Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2004, 06:42 AM
    NTFS better then FAT32?
    Will there be some programs or hardware that I can't use if I convert my system from a FAT32 to NTFS? I currently am running windows xp professional. I had windows 98SE and then I f-disked and formated and did a full install of XP.
    gothichippie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2004, 01:09 PM
    Re: NTFS better then FAT32?
    Your best bet is to go NTFS. Fat 32 is almost out dated, but I think it all has to do with compression and size.  but there are differences between them and its up to u to decide. I say go NTFS.
    Here are a few links to look at:
    http://www.ntfs.com/ntfs_vs_fat.htm
    http://www.thundercloud.net/informat...ntfs-vs-fat32/
    Nocna_Ptica Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2004, 04:50 PM
    NTFS better then FAT32?
    NTFS is better if You want more privacy.
    It has a 7 level protection while FAT32 has 0.
    But FAT32 is much faster than NTFS.

So, if You want a safe OS covrt it to NTFS, is You nees a fast OS don't do anything.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ntfs vs fat32 [ 4 Answers ]

Just bought the 100GB version of this external hard drive: http://www.seagate.com/products/retail/portable It's formatted Fat32. I'm not finding differences that mean anything to me here, or at other comparison websites. Is there a benefit to my reformatting it as NTFS? Thanks!

Fat32 to ntfs? [ 3 Answers ]

I installed windows XP and I have Norton 2004. When I try to use the Norton Disk Doctor, it won't allow me to. I think I have a FAT32 and not NTFS. I cannot even use scandisk. If I convert fat32 to NTFS will I be able to run these programs that I am trying to run? My second question is how to...

NTFS better then FAT32? [ 1 Answers ]

Will there be some programs or hardware that I can't use if I convert my system from a FAT32 to NTFS? I currently am running windows xp professional. I had windows 98SE and then I f-disked and formated and did a full install of XP.

Why is NTFS better then FAT32? [ 2 Answers ]

Converting from fat32 to NTFS? [ 2 Answers ]

I installed windows XP and I have Norton 2004. When I try to use the Norton Disk Doctor, it won't allow me to. I think I have a FAT32 and not NTFS. I cannot even use scandisk. If I convert fat32 to NTFS will I be able to run these programs that I am trying to run? My second question is how to...

View more questions Search