Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Elpida Posts: 31, Reputation: 2

Apr 8, 2007, 12:17 PM
    I have both Nod ans symantec Antivirus
    I have both Nod and Symantec Antivirus installed on my laptop. Does it create a confilction? Which one should I uninstall?
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Apr 8, 2007, 12:27 PM
    Symantec Antivirus works well for me, usually if there is a conflict a good system will fix it. Also you can not get any kind if descent protection for free, don't trust freeware, to protect your PC. Some of the anti-spyware prog. Are actually spyware themselves.It's worth paying for the good stuff, and it will licence up to 3 pcs so you can split it with your friends.
    TheSavage Posts: 564, Reputation: 96

Apr 8, 2007, 12:32 PM
    Yes they will conflict from all that I have read. If it was me I would kept nod32, but to remove symantec your best off to get the norton clean up tool because norton can be a pain in the butt to clean up. -- Savage
    Download and run the Norton Removal Tool

Apr 8, 2007, 12:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3046
    Symantec Antivirus works well for me, usually if there is a conflict a good system will fix it. Also you can not get any kind if descent protection for free, don't trust freeware, to protect your PC. some of the anti-spyware prog. are actually spyware themselves.It's worth paying for the good stuff, and it will licence up to 3 pcs so you can split it with your friends.
    Have to disagree about the freeware comment. Some of the freeware out there is excellent. I used AVG for years with never a problem and if you read the geek forums its well thought of. Same can be said of spybot destroyer/adaware by lavasoft/SpywareBlaster -- Savage
    Oh and nod32 is not freeware
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Apr 8, 2007, 12:47 PM
    I looked it up and nod32 looks good. I just have not had good results with free stuff, I was mostly trying to use AOLs free stuff (which wasn't really free).

Apr 8, 2007, 01:03 PM
    AOLHELL? -- Iol
    I used nod32 for a year or so but when ever my virus subscriptions are up -- I start looking for reviews on virus ware to see if my money might be spent better elsewere. Currently I am using micro PC-cillin, and have been happy with it. -- Savage

Apr 8, 2007, 03:23 PM
    I have the full paid version of both software. And I've been having many problems with adware, trojans e.t.c so I;m just looking for the best solution.

Apr 8, 2007, 03:32 PM
    Elpida -- please try the suggestions on the second post of this link--- Savage
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/intern...pyware+removal

Apr 9, 2007, 01:17 PM
    Hey. It's me again.
    So I decided to uninstall Symantec Antivirus but I didn't manage to do so. The unistallation process starts but just when there are 33 seconds left it STOPS.
    WHAT should I DO?

Apr 9, 2007, 01:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Elpida
    Hey. It's me again.
    So i decided to uninstall Symantec Antivirus but i didn't manage to do so. The unistallation process starts but just when there are 33 seconds left it STOPS.
    WHAT should i DO?
    Did you use the norton tool or did you go the add or uninstall route? -- Savage

Apr 9, 2007, 01:52 PM
    Well I tried to use the norton tool first but it informed me that I had to uninstall the program first. So then I used add/remove thing and the uninstallation process froze.

Apr 9, 2007, 02:19 PM
    OK if you have the norton disk -- do a repair install then try to uninstall -- Savage

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Symantec live update [ 1 Answers ]

I have this symantec live update in my add/remove programs. Is this for norton antivirus or something else? I don't use norton antivirus and was wondering if I should remove this from my computer or just leave it alone. Thanks

Symantec; error LU1875 [ 1 Answers ]

In trying to get a virus update on Norton my computer shows error LU1875 i.e. the update failed. The procedure to rectify this shows in step 3 that "using the cursor select the following line of text, including the quotation mark at the end: regsvr32/u"c:\program files\norton systemworks\norton...

Dating ans still married [ 8 Answers ]

My friends wife left him but then decided she wanted him back. He had already started seeing someone after she left. She is now trying to kill herself and threatening the girlfriend. He says that he loves the new girlfriend. Should he keep seeing the girlfriend or wait till the divorce to start...

HELP! Symantec Antivirus 10 CHANGES User's Documents link in My Computer [ 6 Answers ]

I have installed Symantec Antivirus 10.0.1.1000 Client on my computer and noticed something strange. In "My Computer" there are all the partitions and two Documents folders: Shared Documents and PIRATA!'s Documents (in my case my user is called PIRATA!) If you double click on it you will see...

Removing Symantec... [ 3 Answers ]

I've tried to reinstall Nortons 2003 and I got an error, it's looking for the orton Aniti Virus LABEL (whatever that is, thinking it's the original CD) but I have this burned copy of Nortons that I just in case I misplace or break the original copy (with I happen to do), no I can't reinstall the...

View more questions Search