Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carol roth Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2014, 01:59 PM
    Thyroid in dogs
    My dog never seen to get full. She is chi/weenie, but is real long & lean, like a greyhound!We have tried a variety of kibble, & the latest is Purina.. Could she have thyroid problems?

Our chi/weenie dog, who is a year & a half old, always seems hungry. We have tried many brands of kibble, but she is always looking for more. She sits & shakes. We give her carrots as a treat. What cold be the problem?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Nov 2, 2014, 04:00 PM
    The problem could be that she needs to see a vet to be examined. We can't give you a diagnosis on the internet and if your dog matters to you, then she should be seen by a vet to clear this problem up.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 2, 2014, 04:31 PM
    Can you supply a pic. Don't know what that is a chi/weenie, but know what a grey looks like and they are long and lean. Is this a really mini dog. She could need warming up, a doggie coat at all times and a higher protein food.

You have me stumped but a pic would do a world of good !

Thyroid. No. Dont think that is the problem here.
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2014, 06:36 PM
    Dogs usually have hypothyroidism, which makes them generally overweight and slow. Cats are more prone to hyperthyroidism, which makes them eat constantly but not gain any weight.
    I think going to a vet for a full exam would be a good idea.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2014, 02:50 PM
    Your dog could have a mal-absorption problem. That will cause them to eat excessively and remain thin, along with diabetes, liver or kidney disease.

A vet check with bloodwork would help direct the vet in the right direction

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dogs are extremely aggressive towards other dogs, kicked out of 2 classes [ 7 Answers ]

We have to dogs both the same age (1year old) and they are scary aggressive if they see another dog on a walk and they've gone ape in two different training classes and been kicked out. How do we fix this? I don't want to put them down

Hyper thyroid will I gain my weight back once the thyroid medicine regulates [ 0 Answers ]

I have been losing weight for about 7months went to my dr because I was having hot flashes, tired all the time, weight loss achy muscles hair shedding . She did all the test for the thyroid which the results came back I had hyperthyroid she put me on this medicine called methimazole 10mg twice...

Thyroid [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to find out if levothyroxine comes from pig, or is it 100% natural.

Thyroid [ 2 Answers ]

Thank you so much for you info on tumor removel , I have one question , My mother inlaw has a tumor on her thyroid non-cancerous type . Im trying to find info on just removeing the tumor none of the lobe or thyroid at all is there a possible surgery out there . Rita J

View more questions Search