Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    roberts917 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2014, 06:24 PM
    Warm water in the bathrooms but kitchen is scalding hot
    I just bought my house and the home was updated and I'm the first person to live there please tell me what can be the problem? The hot water tank is in the garage and the kitchen and laundry room is close by. The hot water in the kitchen is scalding hot but the bathrooms which are on the other side of the house gets warm. It is double handle faucets but the showers are single handle.

Also I have an electric water heater
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Nov 5, 2014, 07:41 AM
    Is the problem with hot water in bathroom sinks and showers ? Or showers only ? How far is it between water heater and the bathrooms ? What is the brand / model of your shower faucets ? ( if not sure what brand, you can post a pic of it and we will ID it for you )

Since the house was "updated", there is a good chance you have new shower faucets. As per Code, showers have anti-scald device built. Chances are nobody adjusted this anti-scald device during installation. They can be either adjusted to desired temperature or removed completely.

Back to you

Milo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot water in kitchen warm water in bathrooms [ 1 Answers ]

The water comes out very hot in kitchen but in the bathrooms it is only warm.

I have hot water in the bathrooms but not kitchen sink/dishwasher [ 1 Answers ]

I recently rented a single story home. I have hot water in all the bathrooms but not in the kitchen sink or dishwasher. The faucet has two handles and good pressure just no hot water. Water lines are in the slab. Homeowners are trying to get plumber out but I was wondering if it could be a quick...

Water is not coming out of the hot water side of my bathrooms and kitchen faucets. [ 1 Answers ]

Water is NOT coming out of the Hot water side of all the faucets in my hopuse. Please help... and it is very cold outside too. 30 degrees...

Hot water gas heater - no hot water in any of the bathrooms or kitchen? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi guys, We have a State premier gas water heater - power venter/direct vented. It is new - 2009. We are not getting no hot water anywhere in the house. The water heater is not showing any faults on its panel. The hot water outlet pipes are hot to touch as well. Still no hot water in any faucet of...

All bathrooms in house have hot water except one, it only get luke warm water [ 3 Answers ]

I am having trouble with hot water in the master bath of the house (shower, tub, and two sinks). I was informed that maybe the cartridge in the shower would possibly cause the problem. Replaced the cartridge and still having the same problem. I have hot water in the other bathrooms and kitchen...

View more questions Search