Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    keeks143 Posts: 149, Reputation: 3

Oct 31, 2014, 03:48 AM
    I think I'm drifting away from my mother..
    Since I was little, me and my Mum have always been very close. I used to tell her everything, But since I was 11, I have been self harming, and kept it a secret, but confided in my two best friends. One night, when I was 13, I was feeling like if I got out of bed, I would do something stupid, so I lay in bed as I texted my friend to tell her I was scared because I wanted to kill myself. My friend panicked and called my mum, who called me (I was away at a relative's) and asked me what was up. I said nothing, and she left it at that. Later though, my school found out, because my friend told them. I was called by the school protection officer and they called my parents. It was only then my mum found out about my self harm. She was upset as I didn't tell her, and hurt too. She began to blame herself, even though I didn't self harm because of her, or anyone in my family. Now, she doesn't trust me. She's always checking my arms and wrists, and I hate it. I know she's looking out for me though. Recently we have been arguing at a lot. At my therapy, she found out about my suicidal feelings and now is even more upset. I feel so bad, and I don't feel comfortable around her anymore. We continue to argue every day about something, and it just reinforces my point at to why I felt more comfortable telling my friends than my own parents. I can just see us drifting apart and I'm worried. Does anybody know what I can do? I do recognise that there's not going to be any list of steps or anything, though.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 31, 2014, 07:11 AM
    You hide and lied very serious things to your mom. She is trying to care for you. Perhaps if you started talking to her, and was honest with her, about all your feelings, then a lot of the issues would stop.

You are doing now, hiding things from mom, like you have for a long time. Are you discussing that in counseling ?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 31, 2014, 07:39 AM
    How old are you now?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Drifting away [ 9 Answers ]

So yesterday I found out my best friend is pregnant... and I know it's selfish and self-pitying, but I feel so upset! I'm 22 next week, and since I left school at 15, ALL of my closest friends from school now have kids, and up until yesterday me and my best friend were the only ones that weren't. I...

Best Friends Drifting away from you [ 1 Answers ]

I have two really good best friends and were really close to me but now all they care about is basketball and play with their other friends... I play volleyball not basketball and I ALWAYS feel left out now... and I don't know what to do!! How can I get my best friends back when they like don't...

We're drifting [ 3 Answers ]

One of my closest friends, of about 3 years, has recently graduated college. For the last year or so she and I have been really close. We talked almost every day. For hours on end, about anything and everything. Sometimes to the point of sillyness... We've had our ups and downs but that's only...

Drifting Alone. [ 7 Answers ]

Well, this past week I've lost a lot. My boyfriend, and my best friend. Well, my boyfriend left me for my best friend. And it's depressing. The two people who said 'forever'. But that's life. I just have no one to turn to about this now, because I would always turn to them, but they just......

Drifting apart [ 12 Answers ]

Threads merged I am 27 and I have been in a relationship for 5 months with a women that I was absolutely crazy about. We got along great, had lots of laughs, shared our deepest darkest secrets with each other, I thought everything was fine. About a month ago she started acting funny, she seemed...

View more questions Search