Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sexymom23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2014, 03:19 AM
    How does time released pain medication work
    I am taking pain medication that is an ER I am wondering how much is released its 10 mg one every 12 hrs and it isn't helping
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2014, 05:10 PM
    The drug granules are coated with different materials that dissolve at different times. It may take a while for the drug to work.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 30, 2014, 05:19 PM
    If it's 10mg every 12 hours, than you get 10mg of the drug every 12 hours.

If it isn't helping then talk to your doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Principal asked me what pain medication I was on [ 1 Answers ]

I am a teacher and was diagonsed with a hernia due to a work injury and was scheduled for surgery, My principal asked me what pain medication I was on in the main hall way of the school after findingout I had a work related hernia. Is this a violation? If so what recourse do I have.

Pain killer medication [ 2 Answers ]

I would like someone to tell me the emotional and physical effects of pain killers. I believe someone I love is doing them and has been for awhile. Has anyone on this site had an addiction to painkillers (vicodin) without being prescribed them? If so, can you please tell me how you felt...

OTC pain medication [ 9 Answers ]

I suffered a dog bite at work yesterday, that tore the skin and punctured quite deep. It's at the site of a joint so it's quite painful. I was just curious as to what may be the best over the counter pain medication to get? I live in Canada.

Released time bible class. [ 16 Answers ]

Love to hear your thoughts and opinions on this. Just picked this up off my counter. A little permission slip for a Bible study for my 1st grader. PARENTS! RELEASED TIME BIBLE CLASS will provide your child with moral and spiritual training. To enroll your child in this FREE program,...

Pain medication and acid reflux [ 4 Answers ]

I've had some stomach problems in the past months. One time my stomach burned for like a whole week straight. Until I finally went to the doctor and they gave me some medication for acid. It went away in a couple days. Then I thought it was gone for good, until a couple months later it started...

View more questions Search