Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lucky107 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2014, 04:55 PM
    COS from H4 to F1. Would like to know the chances of approval or if any risks involve
    I am presently in US on H4 visa. I got an admission into Master's course and would like to pursue the same on H4 visa. However, I would like to apply for COS to F1 after two semesters. I would like to know the chances of F1 approval or if there are any risks involved.

Below is my history:
    I had a F2 rejection earlier under section 214b.
    I had a multiple entry B2 visa, and the VO cancelled it under CWOP after approving my H4 visa.
    An employer here sponsored for H1-B visa, but it got denied. My employer has appealed the case and we are awaiting the result. Irrespective of the result, I want to pursue Masters program.

Does my above history affect the COS to F1 and during F1 stamping?

Looking forward for your advise.

Thank You!
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65

Nov 19, 2014, 05:41 PM
    For you to get the F-1 student visa stamped in your passport, you need to prove that you are not an intending immigrant (section 214(b).

With your previous denial (unusual) of the F-2 and the fact that a petitioner filed an H-1B for you; the VO may make a determination that you do not have the intent to return to your home country.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm involve with an involve man... Advice [ 7 Answers ]

My angel and a demon has is debating inside my head for an event that will only take place on the 12th month of this year. I cannot believe that I am participarting in this scheme of exploring things with mr sky. Wow I know how happy and sweet they seem to be that hits me and turn me to reality...

COS L-1 to F-1 with I-140 withdrew before approval [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am in L-1 and applied for COS to F-1. I had previously applied for I-140 but withdrew it before it was approved. With my COS request I included two letters from past employers outside the US with firm job offers after my Masters program completion. Do you think I have any chance to...

View more questions Search