Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dayclone Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2014, 02:58 PM
    Aire Flo furnace water in clear tubes and pressure switch open with inducer on error
    Hey everyone I get this problem
    Every year around fall here in Calgary, AB. I built my house new in 2010 and every year the furnace fails to start because water is built up I. These clear plastic tubes that causes the error "pressure switch open with inducer on". Now I've checked the venting and it appears to be OK and the builder installed this but really getting annoying now to the point that every year I have to drain water.

My question is what should I be looking for to see if perhaps the drain is clogged or may be its not vented properly? Or anything that anyone can think of? I'll try to get some pictures Nd upload it.
    bitters Posts: 348, Reputation: 12

Oct 29, 2014, 03:07 PM
    Yes pics would be good. What is the name and model number? It sounds like the trap is working. This is a common problem on condensing furnaces.

Oct 29, 2014, 08:32 PM
    So I've I took all the tubes off and made sure nothing is plugged and the exhaust and intake pipes are good. Drained the water but unit still doesn't start.

I get an error code 3 flashed that says pressure switch open and inducer on

I tried jumping the pressure switch leads to get it on but I'm sure I am doing it wrong cause it won't Fire up. There was a few times that I was able to get it to fire up but lasted 3 seconds.

It's a aire flo CG92TB

Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2014, 07:36 AM
    Sometimes over the summer pressure switches will get stuck. Reset the furnace & once the inducer starts, rap on both pressure switches with a screwdriver handle or something similar. This may or may not help but it sometimes does.

Oct 30, 2014, 11:39 AM
    I had my gas company out and he said the slope wasn't done correctly to drain. As well as there could be a weak pressure sensor switch but they usually rarely fail. I'm thinking that water backed up to the inducer and possibly caused it to rust and caused the pressure switched to trip, but I am not sure, it was brand new 4 years ago and I've had this issue every year since.

Installed by Arpi's and Homebuilder is Brookfield Homes.
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2014, 11:46 AM
    The slope on the exhaust should be at least 1/4" per foot of run. It needs to slope upward from the furnace to the outdoors. Any sags or droops in the exhaust line will cause problems.

Oct 30, 2014, 05:29 PM
    Grady,

It's definitely 1' long but doesn't appear to even slope... It's straight horizontal. I'm going to see if I can get it to slope, have to cut the pipe shorter the one that runs vertical to the furnace. You see these guys are pro's too, you pay them to install it and you'd think they know what they should be doing.

Steve
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2014, 11:25 AM
    Can you post a couple of pictures of the exhaust run? Here is a link to the installation manual http://www.aireflo-hvac.com/products/pdfs/506185a.pdf. The venting section starts on page 7.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Aire-flo furnace problems [ 2 Answers ]

The limit switch trip on the inducer housing and locks furnace out this is a 905% <BR>furnace

My furnace is showing pressure switch is open with inducer on, how can I fix [ 1 Answers ]

my furnace is showing pressure switch is open with inducer on, how do I fix?

Aire flo furnace troubleshooting [ 1 Answers ]

Aire-Flo AF90MPE075 - on a call for heat the combustion blower runs, pressure switch closes, his glows and gas valve opens for a split second. Sometimes the inrush of gas is not enough to even ignite and sometimes it is enough to ignite across the burner but then goes out immediately. Again, this...

Pressure switch open with inducer on- gas furnace [ 2 Answers ]

Brand new ducane gas furnace has this error any suggestions?

Concord 90 plus furnace, open pressure switch error [ 0 Answers ]

I just replace filter, checked air passages, checked hoses. Still getting a 3 light error. The blower kicks on but the glow plug will not glow and the systems times out then goes to 3 light error. I can blow into orange tube and here the switch click. Is the switch defective? Or is it something...

View more questions Search