Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amandar2 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2014, 09:52 AM
    Is it a bad bladder tank? TMP valve constantly popping off.
    The water heater blows the T.m.P. valve every time the water is used.I am on a well system there is also a lot of sediment in the well.the water pressure fluctuates dramatically as if the well pump keeps getting triggered,could this be a problem with the bladder tank? If it is the bladder tank could you tell me a way to check it? I have already tested the air valve on top of the bladder tank and only pressurized air came out.this has become a serious problem. The large bucket we have underneath the valve is filling up over 20 times a day and flooding constantly.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2014, 12:47 PM
    What pressure do you have? It could be a bad T&P valve
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2014, 06:52 PM
    Yes. Check the system pressure. It would seem that either your switch is bad (allows pressure to get too high) or the pressure relief valve is bad. Most likely is the valve.

I don't think your tank has anything to do with this.
    amandar2 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2014, 11:12 AM
    We have changed the t&p valve 3 times. The reason for that is it keeps popping off and we eventually have to change it.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Oct 29, 2014, 12:18 PM
    Does your water have heat trap nipples?
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2014, 06:57 PM
    Let me say it again. Check your system pressure, especially after the pump has gotten up to cut off pressure and shut off. What does the gauge read?

What is the setting for your relief valve? If, for instance, it is set for 75#, then it is possible the system is getting that high and causing the valve to release.

When the valve releases, what is the system pressure at that time?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2014, 06:18 PM
    If you have to change the TPV 3 times, your tank pressure is most likely the culprit.
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2014, 09:13 AM
    The tank pressure would seem to be the problem, but not the tank itself. Probably need to look at the switch.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bladder tank [ 4 Answers ]

I'm going to try and replace my bladder tank I know this is stupid but where do I shut the water off at

Baffles at Well Point Match Galvanized Pressure Tank but don't Match Bladder tank [ 2 Answers ]

I have been looking for answer to air in the lines for a while now. I was sure that the water level had dropped in my artesian well. I thought the pump was too near the surface of the water level. As it turns out, I was totally wrong. The problem was that there was a mismatch between my pressure...

Storage Tank or Bladder Tank? [ 8 Answers ]

We just had a new well put in. The well person installed a 220 gallon storage tank (not bladder) when we turn on our sprinkler system our submersible well pump cuts in every 50seconds. We are using approximately 16 gallons per minute. Should the well person have put in a bladder tank instead of a...

CB82C842.TMP Friend or foe. I am thinking it is bad! It will not leave my PC! [ 2 Answers ]

Hey people, I run ccleaner, and it cleans everything, then I click run cleaner again to make sure it got everything and that is the only thing to delete. Every time. I thought it was something with THAT program, but it isn't. On other PC, I un program, then again, and it is clean as a whistle. I...

View more questions Search