Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    12345sti Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2014, 04:23 PM
    The cost of the inventory on April 1 is $5, $4, and $2 per unit, respectively, under
    The cost of the inventory on April 1 is $5, $4, and $2 per unit, respectively, under the FIFO, average, and LIFO cost flow assumptions.

I am doing an accounting question and I am confused as to what this means?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2014, 04:47 PM
    FIFO is first in first out meaning the value is based on the most recent deliveries still in inventory. Average is the average cost of all the units in stock and LIFO is last in first out meaning the value is based on the oldest deliveries in inventory

Inventory valuations affect Gross Profit and so various methods are used according to assumptions on the impact of taxation and the manner in which inventory is managed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The cost assigned to ending inventory and to cost of goods sold using weighted averag [ 1 Answers ]

3/1 beginning inventory 210 units @ 8.20 = 1722 3/10 120 units sold @16.20 3/20 280 units purchased @7.20 = 2106 3/25 205 units sold @ 16.20 3/30 150 units purchased @ 6.20 The following is what I have thus far. I am stuck at 3/25 units sold; can someone help please? cost of gods sold ...

Inventory units at year end 10, original cost $40, current net selling price per unit [ 0 Answers ]

Inventory units at year end 10, original cost $40, current net selling price per unit $60, current replacement cost per unit $50. At what amount should company report ending inventory if the lower of cost or net realisable value rule is applied for that inventory.

Inventory accounting - cost of inventory destroyed [ 2 Answers ]

Please assist me with the following questions: Citi-Wholesalers marks its purchases up by 25%. Its inventory was insured against fire, the policy being subject to average. A fire took place on 30th October 2007 and all inventory was destroyed except for items which had cost $40 000 which were...

How to find ending inventory using the average inventory cost method [ 3 Answers ]

The Boxwood Company Sells blankets for $60 each. Purchase 5 units 30$ Purchase 10 units 34$ Purchase 10 units 40$ Sale 3 units Sale 6 units Sale 3 units Assuming that the company uses the perpetual inventory system, determine the ending inventory for the month of May using the average...

Total Unit product Cost & Overhead cost per unit [ 1 Answers ]

I need some help with trying to figure out how to calculate the overhead cost per unit. I have computed the Activity rate as well as the overhead applied for both products. The following is the info provided: Product / Direct Labor hours / annual prod. / total direct labor hours XR7 0.4DLHs per...

View more questions Search