Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NorPlan Posts: 425, Reputation: 3

Oct 27, 2014, 12:00 PM
    Mild Hypertension vs. 2 pills totalling 30mg
    Have been dealing with Mild Hypertension for sometime / years which is somewhat of a Genic Thing.. Have been watching my Carb & Wheat Intake religiously lately and have Lost a considerable amount of weight in the process..

The cruze of the matter is that I take 2 prescribed pills daily totalling 30mg.. Since the weight loss , close to approximately 47 lbs in a year's time.. Lately I've experienced some light headiness getting up quickly kind of thing.. My query is wondering if the 30mg daily pill intake could be a leading Culprit , Will have to be Decreased??
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 27, 2014, 12:09 PM
    Of course it's possible (POSSIBLE) that your BP is down because you carry less weight and are healthier. No one should be on any medication this long (you are suggesting a year) without seeing your doctor to review your condition. Plus you can get a pretty good BP cuff online to check it daily. I think I paid about $12 for one. The $75 ones don't seem to be any better. But they can give 'off' readings, so do several in a row at different times of day, and see your doctor anyway for that and all the related reasons.

Oct 27, 2014, 12:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    Of course it's possible (POSSIBLE) that your BP is down because you carry less weight and are healthier. No one should be on any medication this long (you are suggesting a year) without seeing your doctor to review your condition. Plus you can get a pretty good BP cuff online to check it daily. I think I paid about $12 for one. The $75 ones don't seem to be any better.

Thanks for the Quick Comeback... No Worries as I say it's somewhat of a Genetic Thing.. I do check in with my Doctor on regular follow ups.. lol.. The reference to the last year was in regards to monitoring my carb & wheat intake more closely in the last 12 months and that my weight had dropped more appreciatively... lol... The family did buy me a BP cuff a couple years ago. Thanks
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2014, 01:11 PM
    30mg may or may not be the cause since we don't know the dosage range. What has the BP range been?

Oct 27, 2014, 01:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ma0641 View Post
    30mg may or may not be the cause since we don't know the dosage range. What has the BP range been?

(127/63/58). 2 pills for total of 30mg per day...
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 27, 2014, 03:48 PM
    What other meds are you one; cholesterol, blood thinner? From a medical standpoint you need to go back to your doctor to have your BP meds reviewed. Sure, losing weight is good, but my BP is l20/40 all the time but I am a runner, cardio always keeps blood pressure in check and my doctor keeps pretty kean eye on what I am taking. My being a diabetic has nothing to do with the BP, but my cholesterol, which is has been under control for years now is crucial.

You must remember that blood pressure variances have to be controlled because quite frankly, high blood pressure, or sometimes even low, is a silent killer because there are no apparently symptoms to tell you what is going on until you are in stroke range,

NorPlan, see your doctor and review your meds.

Oct 27, 2014, 04:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    NorPlan, see your doctor and review your meds.

Having gone the Wheat Free Route, basically cutting out 2/3 slices of toast with my Bacon & Eggs.. Then say a Subway for Lunch or Supper kind of story, just trying to put a handle on it has really helped.. 127/63 pulse rate 58 has been a steady average for the past several months.. Just 58 is a big jump down from the high 60's low 70's.. 10-4 on Checking in with the Family Doctor, we'll see her on Thursday... lol.. Cheers Thanks
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 27, 2014, 04:13 PM
    Don't forget, you pulse rate fluctuates day to day, depending on what kind of activity you are in. Rule of thumb is your rising BP and pulse rate is the one you go by.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2014, 05:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NorPlan View Post
    (127/63/58). 2 pills for total of 30mg per day...
    Systolic is fine, diastolic is low. Are you on an ACE, beta blocker, calcium channel blocker? However, with those numbers, I wouldn't think they would say you have mild hypertension. Sitting at rest for 4 minutes before testing?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mild chest pains for acouple of days,mild numbness in left hand and arn,left leg feel [ 1 Answers ]

Have had mild chest pains for a couple of days.mild nunbness in left hand and arm.left leg is weak and slight blurred vision.what could this be wrong?

Hypertension [ 0 Answers ]

I have hypertension and last night my blood pressure bottomed out.I have also been sick for over a week with a bad cold.My daughter had 911 respond when I blacked out.Against their advice I didn't go to the er.What should I do now?

30mg morphine for pain [ 1 Answers ]

They put me on 30mg morphine er and since I started taking it I can't get rid of a headache will you see if you can find out if that is notmal I have screen so dark I can't see crap... I am on a pain contract and I don't know what to do it feels like my hhead is going to explode. Can this cause...

Hypertension [ 5 Answers ]

Does getting an intravenious injection of fluids raise your blood pressure and is it safe when you are already being treated for hypertension?

Hypertension [ 5 Answers ]

I'm 26 and have had high blood pressure for 11 years. Does anyone know natural cures so I could cut down or eliminate medication. I exercise, eat healthy, don't smoke and am not overweight.

View more questions Search