Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2014, 06:20 AM
    I agree with Joy, but I agree with Joy on 99.999999999% of things.

But to add it's not only that. It's when you see a behavior in you that brings about negative results, you have to force yourself into change so that you don't continue to get negative results. Too many people refuse that and continue the same patterns and behaviors. You have to be first honest with yourself if you need change in your life.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 28, 2014, 07:02 AM
    I can only wish you luck with this online, long distance relationship, and hope you get a chance to actually date and really get to know each other before you get any deeper into an exclusive commitment. Until then expect many GREY areas to be worked through. Strangers/friends online have separate lives, and though you both seem willing to give this a try, fact is you have much more to learn about each other that can only be done up close and personal.

That's the only way either of you knows if your words, actions, feelings match, and you can build and work together, and not just TALK over the internet. Only time can tell if this experiment has any lasting hope or not, so don't be in such a hurry to think its all good going on.

The honeymoon hasn't even begun yet, its all talk, trial, and error. Yes this whole thing so far is a huge grey area.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 28, 2014, 07:14 AM
    This is a disaster! You had expectations that he was either not aware of, or was unwilling to fulfill. Because you had never met in person, he had no allegiance to you. The two of you were only "friends" until you met in June. And, still, at that time you were only really in the "getting to know you in person" phase of the relationship. It should never have been made exclusive.

And yesterday because he shared all his accounts with me, I said I'd dig around
    A bit controlling? You have no right to his accounts any more than I do with my husband, who I have been with for 23 years. His accounts are his alone. Your accounts are yours.

You said you would "dig around." Basically that means you are going to snoop and be nosy.
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2014, 04:58 PM
    Be real. Stop having so much expectation out of an interaction that is just starting. You are asking the wrong questions, if you want a closed relationship then you can both talk about having that, until then don't expect loyalty.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I thought he had liked me. [ 3 Answers ]

I met this guy at a party and we had kept making eye contact from across the room. He later asked me if I wanted to be his partner for beer pong and I said yes. We flirted while we played, he gave me compliments about how good I was and he said we "had chemistry" because we were playing so well...

I thought she was the one [ 10 Answers ]

I met a girl six years ago. She was married and I was married. I thought we fell in love. We were friends and lovers, passionate attentive and caring. She left her husband, I left my wife. She decided we should have a baby, I didn't agree because of my family history, but we did anyway. My son is...

Just a thought [ 8 Answers ]

How do you know if your husband may be gay? My friend is confused and wants to know if her husband may be gay what are some signs that may show that he may be gay?

Just a thought [ 2 Answers ]

Think About It - The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and a leaky tire. - It's always darkest before dawn. So if you're going to steal the neighbor's newspaper, that's the time to do it. - Never test the depth of the water with both feet. - It may be that...

View more questions Search