Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Richgirlwantsya Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2014, 09:16 PM
    Should I wait for him to open up?
    I've been dating a guy 12 years my senior. He recently got divorced. We met online he was very sweet and we met up a couple of times. He asked me to be exclusive with him and that he wanted to date me however all of a sudden he became completely withdrawn and would not reply my messages or make Any effort to see me. I got fed up and called him out on it. He promised to change siting that work was stressful. He has his own business that's fairly new and still maintains a full time job while working on start ups too. Well nothing changed at all and he went MIA after that conversation . I waited a couple of days and broke up with him via text. He begged and begged and called me not to do it. That he wants meant cannot let Me go. He said that he just needs to stay under the radar!what does that even mean? Well after that conversation it's been a day and haven't heard anything from him. Should I wait? I am 24 he is 36. I haven't seen him a month now.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 26, 2014, 10:14 PM
    Under the radar means he does not want people to know about you. So he is either dating someone else, or not really divorced and he does not want his wife to know about you.

If a man is too ashamed not to be public with you, you deserve better than that.

If you can not post his photos all over Facebook, or show up at his business for a surprise lunch, there is a problem
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Oct 26, 2014, 10:37 PM
    Sounds to me like he isn't really divorced.
    Precious7 Posts: 333, Reputation: 61

Oct 27, 2014, 10:46 AM
    He is a lying. I feel too that He is still married. Do not entertain this kind of men, do not get very close emotionally, before any thing happens, just run away from him.
    Darkdemon Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2014, 09:33 PM
    First thing if he loves you he would tell you his situation and let you decide .
    Second thing is this a rebound.
    Dear please take your time and keep your position open do not jump into anything, time will tell you what kind of a person is he.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richgirlwantsya View Post
    I've been dating a guy 12 years my senior. He recently got divorced. We met online he was very sweet and we met up a couple of times. He asked me to be exclusive with him and that he wanted to date me however all of a sudden he became completely withdrawn and would not reply my messages or make Any effort to see me. I got fed up and called him out on it. He promised to change siting that work was stressful. He has his own business that's fairly new and still maintains a full time job while working on start ups too. Well nothing changed at all and he went MIA after that conversation . I waited a couple of days and broke up with him via text. He begged and begged and called me not to do it. That he wants meant cannot let Me go. He said that he just needs to stay under the radar!what does that even mean? Well after that conversation it's been a day and haven't heard anything from him. Should I wait? I am 24 he is 36. I haven't seen him a month now.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 29, 2014, 06:54 AM
    It's not wise to even be available as an option for someone. He obviously has other options and priorities before you, if you haven't heard from him in a month. Why wait for him to move you up the list? I am sure YOU have other options than him and should be exploring them, or looking for them at least, instead of being desperate for someone that is NOT as desperate as you are.

You have already wasted a month, haven't you?
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2014, 04:09 PM
    Sounds like you are the back up plan, and not the main course of action... that's why he is so withdrawn... move on, find someone that actually values you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A difficult-to-open jar may open easily after being run under hot water for a moment. [ 2 Answers ]

A difficult-to-open jar may open easily after being run under hot water for a moment. Explain.

Mom won't let me date. I need to wait until college? Should I ask HIM to wait? [ 3 Answers ]

Sooo. My mom won't let me date. Period. Its for religious perposes but I don't feel the same way she does. I always find a guy I like and then she ruins it. I had a pretty serious relationship last year. We hid it from my mom for over a year but complications with distance and my mom ultimately...

I have a mueller climatrol furnace and the gas valve won't open or stay open. [ 0 Answers ]

I have a mueller climatrol furnace in which the gas valve won't open or stay open. We think it is electrical problem. Back in the summer, my air went out and a friend did wiring to bypass so the air would work for time being. At that time, before the bypassing to get air to work, the heat...

To wait or not to wait, *confused* [ 15 Answers ]

Greetings. I hope to get some feedback and advice on the following situation. I met this girl through my room mate's brother over the summer. This girl was his rebound after he's GF left him. As the summer progressed, my room mate's brother got back with his ex after she wanting him back. ...

View more questions Search