Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lea5781 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2007, 09:39 AM
    Dyeing hair to medium brown w/out having to go DARK
    My hair is naturally medium brown and when out in the sun it turns blond. I had bleached highlights in my hair and recently decided to go back to my natural color. My roots are very dark brown so my stylist (5 months ago) used shades eq by redken and dyed my hair DARK brown and it has mahogony undertones. I am not sure if she put a mahogony color in as well or if my hair just pulled red. 3 days ago I asked her to get the red out (which has lightened up and is more of a burnt color) and give me a couple of light brown highlights around my face as I am very pale with brown eyes. I needed to lighten up a bit. WELL, she went against chemistry and used "color" for my highlights w/out bleach and put dye the back of my hair... NOW, my hair still looks the same in the back- RED w/dark brown roots, and my highlights are prominent in my roots- as we all know color does not lift color, so the highlights did not go all the way down-surprisingly a few did but not many... I asked her to tone down the highlites as I had hot spots in my roots. She used an ash toner... It helped but still not happy.

I paid 170$ total w/tip... This is really upsetting. I am going back Apr 17th for her to correct... I really don't know what color to have her out in my hair.. I don't want to bleach my hair BUT I also don't want to look gothic as I am so white... How do I get to a medium brown hair color w/out the red?? I LOVE Shades EQ as it adds so much shine... Please help :confused:

Sorry this is so long... I need some advice...

Thanks,
    Lea
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Apr 8, 2007, 08:17 PM
    Please go back to the salon and have them correct their mistake. If you attempt to fix it yourself, it could make matters worse, and they well charge you more money to fix your hair.
    lea5781 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2007, 09:08 PM
    Thanks PL ~I appreciate the response... I guess red undertones look OK on me.. I will have my hair dyed dark auburn all over with a demi-permanent and just let it grow out and be healthy... This hair stuff is driving me nuts!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP! Brown hair color turned my hair a dark red! [ 31 Answers ]

So my girlfriend helped me color my hair to hide a few gray hairs coming in. Its usually a light to med brown, thought I might go darker. We used Loreal excellence crème ( Medium Brown). It actuall turned my hair into almost a dark redish brown, looks like I have naturally dark red hair! HELP! ...

Can I use a medium brown permanent hair dye over adark brown permanent hair dye? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I really need some advice about 3 weeks ago I dyed my hair dark brown permanent, my hair colour is naturally dark brown but now my hair is black and really making me look very hard and pale. Am I able to buy a permanent medium brown hair dye to lighten it up? I have read your site and see...

Blonde highlights with dark brown hair [ 6 Answers ]

I just got my hair highlighted blonde/gold today but it's not as subtle as I had hoped. How do I make it fade to a more subtle color as quickly as possible without returning to the salon? Would Prell work?

How to get dark brown hair [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all! I want to get a dark chocolate brown color on my hair and I know from experience that dying my hair with a dark brown color actually turns it black, so what color should I use? I heard people say that I should use a medium brown and that gives it a dark brown color. What kind of medium...

View more questions Search