Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RosemaryR Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2014, 08:17 PM
    What can I do to remove my sons girlfriend from my home
    My son moved his girlfriend into my home,she physically fights with him, she don't watch her children, stays on Facebook from the time she wakes up till she goes to sleep!
    I have told her to get out of my home many times now she won't! She pays no bills, this is not her address on her I.D.
    All bills are in my name.
    I don't want to have to call the police! What else can I do?
    Live in GA.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2014, 08:32 PM
    How long has she been there. I assume its been a while. In that case you serve her with a 30 day eviction notice. Its your house you have standing to do that.

If she won't leave you go to court to have the eviction enforced.

If she gets physically violent with you, call the police, file for a restraining order (but still serve her with a 30 day notice). If she gets physically violent with your son, call the police... hopefully he isn't physically fighting back which would land him in trouble.
    1bluesky Posts: 48, Reputation: 2

Oct 25, 2014, 08:33 PM
    You have to talk to your son. He is in charge of her. He has to make sure she leaves your place. No police. Just (talking to) your son would do.
    Of course, you talk to him one on one. Take special time and place to make your point clear to him. Also make sure set up the deadline when she has to be out.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2014, 08:40 PM
    1Bluesky... if she doesn't want to leave, she won't have to unless she's evicted. And any time wasted trying other things only delays the legal process that will get her out if she wants to or not. This is the Posters property not the sons... what the son wants or not has no legal bearing.

#1, serve her notice so the clock starts ticking legally... THEN you can try to sweet talk her to leave sooner on her own. If she moves out on her own and takes her stuff sooner, change the locks immediately...(but don't do it until she's evicted or moves her stuff out as thats called a contructive eviction and the police could make you let her back in) and read your son the riot act...its your house its your rules.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 26, 2014, 01:23 AM
    You do, need to talk to the son. Since if he lives there, he will have to be on board with the eviction. Or you may have to evict him also.

But yes, calling the police is no good, unless she is physically fighting.

You give her 30 day notice to move, if she does not, you file formal eviction in court.

** I would informally, also talk to your son, and tell him, she has to go, and he may be able to just tell her to leave and she may leave.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 26, 2014, 05:19 AM
    You don't say what your son wants. Have you talked with him? Do you live in the house as well?

As noted, the likelihood is you will have to follow the formal eviction process. But the process may be different depending on the answers to my questions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Remove non biological father from my sons birthcertificate [ 1 Answers ]

I need to remove my soon to be ex from my sons birthcertificate. He is not the biological father, and knows this

Houston, TX- How to remove adult sons from home permanently? [ 1 Answers ]

My sons are almost in their 30's and are still at home. They have never kept a job more than a few months, do drugs and drink alcohol all day. They get into physical fights with each other in my home and have broken walls, fences, windows, items... which they do not pay to replace. They've been...

How do I remove my sons girlfriend from my house in Pennsylvania. [ 7 Answers ]

My sons girlfriend moved into my house about 2 years ago. She fights with my sons and is verbally abusive to me and physically and verbably abusive to my son. She does not pay for anything food, rent utilities etc. She refuses to leave stating she has squatters rights. I feel threatened by her...

Remove daughter and her older sons from parents home [ 1 Answers ]

Parent semi retired who has a older son who pays $350 per month towards the household plus the cable bill, 2 pets. Older daughter with 2 sons 17 & 21, none of the 3 are employed or contribute to the household. They also have 2 pit bulls holed up in a bedroom. This is a three bedroom house. ...

View more questions Search