Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    douggiepyles Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Oct 25, 2014, 08:08 PM
    Opinions on couples sharing bath soap and bodywash?
    I have found out by experience that men's bodywashes and cleansers dry my skin out and my wife always has soft skin, so she suggested that I switch to using hers... Olay Ribbons, Tone and Caress Daily Silk... I have been using them for some time now and my skin has softened a lot. What is the consensus here? Do you share your bath products? I have received some negativity when some of my male friends saw me using Caress soap at an overnite visit...
    Luck0rN0t Posts: 263, Reputation: 45

Oct 25, 2014, 10:26 PM
    If it works and works better for you than what you were using before, who gives a rats behind what your make friends think? Who do you come home to each night? Who do you sleep with? Them or her? If she is happy and you are happy, end of discussion. Next!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 26, 2014, 01:03 AM
    Well the fact you talk to your male friends about what bath soap or body wash you use, is a little alarming. Except for when I bath publicly, my friends really do not ask me about what soap I use.

There are good male products, there are bad women products. I do not like smelling like roses and honey suckle, so I do not use my wives but only because of the smell.

In general, there is no difference in men and women products if you purchase high enough quality and purchase those with same features. Often women may have a larger choice

So unless you are bathing with your male friends, who really cares if you use hers or not.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2014, 03:19 AM
    It's just marketing. Use whatever product you like (I'm a married guy with kids, everything in the bathroom is fair game LOL)

Oct 26, 2014, 03:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck0rN0t View Post
    If it works and works better for you than what you were using before, who gives a rats behind what your make friends think? Who do you come home to each night? Who do you sleep with? Them or her? If she is happy and you are happy, end of discussion. Next!
    That is very true

Oct 26, 2014, 04:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Well the fact you talk to your male friends about what bath soap or body wash you use, is a little alarming. Except for when I bath publicly, my friends really do not ask me about what soap I use.

There are good male products, there are bad women products. I do not like smelling like roses and honey suckle, so I do not use my wives but only because of the smell.

In general, there is no difference in men and women products if you purchase high enough quality and purchase those with same features. Often women may have a larger choice

So unless you are bathing with your male friends, who really cares if you use hers or not.
    They had seen me use it in the shower at the college, briefly and to the point I had explained that what I used is one of the only bodywashes that doesn't dry my skin out...

Oct 26, 2014, 04:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    It's just marketing. Use whatever product you like (I'm a married guy with kids, everything in the bathroom is fair game LOL)
    I agree 👍
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2014, 08:14 AM
    Wife and I have used the same soap, shampoo and other bath products for 47 years.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 26, 2014, 08:45 AM
    If you are nervous about it, squeeze it into another container.

Oct 26, 2014, 08:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    If you are nervous about it, squeeze it into another container.
    That's a good idea, but now I tell everyone who asks, I have dry skin and this one helps
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 26, 2014, 10:50 PM
    Sorry, I was not thinking college age and showing in the dorms

I was thinking working age, and talking about it at work.
    "oh, I like your hair, what product do you use?" not ever been asked that, that I can remember. LOL

But use what you like,
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 27, 2014, 07:47 AM
    Dove bar soap, 1/4 cream. I have very dry skin. But why should I pay for water, not to mention chemicals to homogenize the soap?
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2014, 11:39 AM
    I have 15 different body washes in my shower and use a different one daily. There are over 30 waiting to be used next. It's a sickness yes, but I do love them all. Seriously though there's not one body wash for men that I like and I would say a lot of them are unisex ones. This particular subject is never discussed between my partner and me. My partner doesn't appreciate it.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 27, 2014, 12:05 PM
    Oliver2011, what a revelation! I hope it's never the tipping point during an argument.

I don't like clutter in my shower! Too much cleaning needed around and under it all.
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2014, 12:14 PM
    Haha. We manage okay because I refuse to go to the grocery shop and spend an hour in the produce section. Plus the body washes are enjoyed by us both. And our shower has these 4 shelves towards the back end which is the perfect spot for them. And I do the cleaning. At least I don't have 15 shampoos in the shower. They're in the closet next to all those unused body washes. I am telling you it's my one weakness! :) (Wondergirl shares this weakness! )

Oct 27, 2014, 12:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2011 View Post
    I have 15 different body washes in my shower and use a different one daily. There are over 30 waiting to be used next. It's a sickness yes, but I do love them all. Seriously though there's not one body wash for men that I like and I would say a lot of them are unisex ones. This particular subject is never discussed between my partner and me. My partner doesn't appreciate it.
    My wife and I have quite a few ourselves, and like you none of them are men's... She usually gets us the different ones from Olay, Caress, and Tone... Once in awhile she gets a new one from Nivea or Softsoap...
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2014, 12:50 PM
    My favorites are the Niveas, Olay, and Dove. I have this one from St. Ives I think that is just sea salt. There's no scent which I hate but the salt really smooths your skin which is cool. I am not sure if it will make the rotation again. I've been banned from Walgreens and Target for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by douggiepyles View Post
    My wife and I have quite a few ourselves, and like you none of them are men's... She usually gets us the different ones from Olay, Caress, and Tone... Once in awhile she gets a new one from Nivea or Softsoap...

Oct 27, 2014, 02:35 PM
    These are what's being used in my shower currently...
    Attached Images

Oct 27, 2014, 02:42 PM
    Better pic
    Attached Images

tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 27, 2014, 03:42 PM
    That is all junk as far as I am concerned. Buy something decent like Vitabath. Expensive but my skin is worth it. Anyway, that cheap stuff makes a mess of the shower area, collecting body dirt and sticking to the walls, or the glass for that matter, My shower is all glass, so I keep it super clean. Other then this, I use Neutragena or Pears products.

All of the products you mention are sold on sale all the time at Walmart. Nope, not for me !

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Has anyone ever tried grisi mother of pearl soap or their papaya soap? [ 2 Answers ]

I've purchased a bar of grisi mother of pearl soap(concha de nacar) and it is supposed to aid in fading small brown spots. If anyone has had experience withthese two products,can you give me insight as to how well it actually works?

Kitchen and bath sinks gurgle when washer drains.. getting soap in them now [ 1 Answers ]

This has only been happening the last week or so. We just moved into an older home and had central A/c Installed. Installer said the drain pipe on our washer must of came loose and the water was draining out under the house. So he just put the 2 pieces back together. Ever since then Im getting...

My Moen soap dispenser doesn't pump soap. Is there a seal inside? [ 8 Answers ]

I just moved into this house, so I don't know if it was taken apart previously.

Can I use Diana Stalder Glutathione soap and the black soap together? [ 12 Answers ]

OK I'm trying to put a new regiment together for even but slightly lighter skin tone. This is what I have. Diana Stalder Glutathione soap Diana Stalder black soap Diana Stalder Kojic acid cream Glycolic cream 15% Moisturizer with SPF30

View more questions Search