Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Colin2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2014, 03:33 PM
    4000eurocharge to leave Ghana fact or fiction
    A ghanaian passport holder was asked for. £3000 as a surety before leaving the country and flying to the UK is this an immigration requirement or a scam ?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Oct 24, 2014, 03:47 PM
    Scam,scam,scam
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 24, 2014, 04:15 PM
    There is no such requirement, it is all part of the very famous and well known scam from that country.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 24, 2014, 04:20 PM
    Ghana is infamous for it's scams, and this is just one of many. Do not send the money, it's not legitimate.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2014, 05:04 PM
    I can't believe in this day and age so many men (I really want to say suckers because honestly that's what they are) fall for these scams all the time.

First rule of thumb.. if it sounds too good to be true.. it usually is. Second rule of thumb... The first time someone starts asking for money, that's a huge red flag, run and don't look back.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 24, 2014, 05:34 PM
    I agree Smoothy. With all the TV coverage on scams from Ghana, scams from the internet period, and then having access to the internet to research, it's surprising that these questions continue to pop up.

Unless you're 80, not very bright, have no computer, and really don't have any common sense, I really don't understand how people that obviously have access to the internet, and therefore should be able to research Ghana period (you don't even have to Google internet scams, just Google Ghana scams and you'll get plenty of reading material), still fall for this stuff.

It's sad really. These questions shouldn't even be asked, because obviously the poster has access to the internet, otherwise they wouldn't be posting here. Do some research. Forget the picture this person sent, that's not the person you think you love, forget any emails, they're not real, they're telling you what you want to hear so you'll send money. Hell, just watch Dr. Phil once a month. He does a show on this at least every month. For the most part all the victims he shows are older people, lonely people, people that send these scammers 100's of thousands of dollars.

If you send this money, that will just be the beginning. You'll never ever meet this person, because this person doesn't exist. You'll just be asked for more and more money, until your money runs out, or you wise up. Wise up now and never send a dime. It's a scam, and frankly, you know it is, otherwise you wouldn't have asked.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2014, 05:56 PM
    Today's official exchange rate is $1.26 US to the Euro, that makes it over $5,000 US (4,000 euros). A very significant amount of money for most people.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

All electronic tolls in Baltimore-Washington area? Fact or Fiction? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, am renting a car for BWI. I am being alerted that if I drive in any all-electronic toll roads with the rental car, I will be socked the toll plus an admin fee of $25 per toll and I will not have any option to just pay the toll in cash at a toll booth. My other option is to pay the rental car...

Fact or Fiction Horoscopes? [ 8 Answers ]

Hey I have recently gotten very intrested in the future and psychics and horoscopes. While I very much believe in horoscopes are they true? And does anyone know where I can find good/accurate horoscopes online.. the site I normally use astrolis just got hacked.

Mind Over Genes fact or fiction? [ 10 Answers ]

I have been checking some stuff out on the net and there are some important changes coming that I feel people should be made aware of. May I suggest that you check out some of the links below. I look forward to your comments. YouTube - Bruce H Lipton, PhD "Beyond Darwin" (Part 1) ...

Saparis Gold Group - fact or fiction? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a friend who says this is the best investment opportunity available. I did a Google search and did not find any negative info, did find a couple HYIP Monitoring Sites which gave it a "clear" rating. I then did a YAHOO search and found only two negative comments about this organization. ...

View more questions Search