Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    collegelifeprob Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2014, 03:19 PM
    A guy stops texting and messaging after a great time
    So this guy asked for my number. We hit it off really good and he seemed really interested in me. Then all of the sudden, he stops texting, reading my Facebook messages (the message doesn't say "read") and when I try to called him, his phone goes straight to voicemail. I tried using other phones to call (in case there's something wrong with my phone) and his phone does the same, straight to voicemail. This guy has been MIA for a few days now and I'm just wondering what happened. Is he ignoring me or something came up with him that has nothing to do with me. And our last message was pretty flirty too so it's weird that all of the sudden, the guy stops contacting me.

To clarify: I called him twice only with 2 different phones to see if he was avoiding only me or his phone is off, and both times, the phone did not ring and went straight to voicemail so i don't think it is me (at least i hoped thats the case). I messaged him last before he stopped replying and i never asked why he wasn't replying. I just really hate being ignored without a reason so i kind of want to get to the bottom of this :/ anyone relates? and guy opinions from their perspective?
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Oct 23, 2014, 03:29 PM
    Maybe you are not the only girl he's talking to and has really hit it off with someone else.

Or maybe he is busy with something important. Stop calling him, he has your messages and number. He will get back to you when he can or choses to.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Oct 23, 2014, 03:35 PM
    When you say goes straight to voice mail do you mean that it rings 4 or 5 times and then to voice mail or it goes straight to voicemail, no ring, no pass go, no collect $200?

It is kind of important because if it is going straight to voice mail that could mean that his phone is off or out of commission. Which is what it sounds like. I know it hurts that he's not contacting you, but you also have to realize that technology happens and it could be his phone and not you. The down side is that he's going to inudated with messages when he turns it back on or it is replaced. Patience is required here if this is the case. If he doesn't contact you back, don't worry about it. It just means that he wasn't that into you. That is no slight against you.

If it rings and then goes to voice mail then he's screening your calls. Then you know that he thought there was something there but now there isn't. The coward's way of letting you know to leave you alone. If that's the case, lose his number and move along. He wasn't that into you and it isn't a slight against you.

Good Luck!

Oct 26, 2014, 04:28 PM
    I don't know what went wrong..
    So me and this guy, we had great conversations for a few day. Then, his response becomes very slow and sometimes only replies with 3 or 4 words. And slow I mean more than 12 hours. I don't know what went wrong, we were just having funny casual conversations and then all of the sudden, he becomes very dry. I don't want to initiate another conversation with him if he really doesn't want to talk to me but I also want to know why he changed all of the sudden. Should I initiate another conversation? Or is this a hint telling me to never text him because he clearly does not want to talk to me.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 26, 2014, 04:40 PM
    Stop texting him. It sounds like the party is over. Something didn't work out. Now you leave him alone and move on to something else. You may never know why this came to a screeching stop all of a sudden. But the texting went on for only days, so no biggie.

Oct 26, 2014, 04:55 PM
    Thank You
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 26, 2014, 05:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by collegelifeprob View Post
    Thank You
    We can put him in the back pasture with all the guys I had thought I had connected with, but nothing ever came of the terrific one or two dates we had had. I wonder if there's a name for that. One Hit Wonders? Think of it as Life Experience. That's what I did.
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2014, 04:22 PM
    He just isn't that interested in you, if he was, he would be going out of his way to communicate with you, unless he was hospitalized or something of the sort. Or overseas where maybe reception does not permit texting. Other than that, take the hint, and get out of there, you are wasting your time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I still be texting the guy I'm trying not to lead on? [ 7 Answers ]

So I'm 16 and a girl and there's a guy I'm friends with. He really likes me though but I don't like him the same way. I just realized I've been leading him on by flirting when I didn't really mean it :( So now I'm trying not to lead him on any more. Anyway the question is if I answer his texts...

Girlfreind texting another guy [ 5 Answers ]

Hey I've been with my girlfriend for around 1 and a half year.ive seen her texting me the whole day before,but now no wonder that what happened to her she is damn bored to text me but she keeps on texting the other guy for around the whole day almost until 1 o clock in the midnight,after seeing...

She keeps texting another guy. [ 4 Answers ]

So my girlfriend and I broke up two weeks ago. We had been together for 17 months, and she broke up with me because she didn't "love" me anymore, but now were working it out. She has told me she would like to which I would like to do also. While we broke up she kissed another guy, which is OK...

Guy keeps texting me! [ 4 Answers ]

About a year ago my friend and I text this fella of my phone, just for the laugh! She's friends with him but ever since he would text me every couple of months, just harmless texting saying how are you and stuff! So about a week ago I was at a bar with my friend and he was there too. I didn't...

Great guy not acting like a great guy [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I've read so many "self help" books. I would like to change. I keep doing the same things. I like to indulge in . Seems like every time I do. I become a moron. When I work on a guitar piece or produce one of my songs I feel better, happy confident. There are other things that I'm...

View more questions Search