Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maldita26 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2014, 09:54 AM
    Any opinion about mistress ?
    I had a friend.. she's so in love with the guy who had a wife but they separate now.. they had a four daughter.. I'm so concern to her bcoz I know the guy . The guy is an drug addict she knows it but still love him.. she said its not OK but she really love the guy even though she don't have any assurance or trust about the money and things around them.. she is so pathetic.. sometimes she got batterd.. but still love the guy hmmm.. what would I do to help her ?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2014, 09:57 AM
    From what she says, she won't listen to you.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2014, 09:58 AM
    "what would I do to help her ?"

I would tell her to find friends that know when it's none of their business.

This is her life and she's allowed to date whomever she chooses. You don't get a vote on that.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2014, 10:11 AM
    She needs far more help than anyone here can give her, or you.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 23, 2014, 01:08 PM
    You don't do anything. She's a grown woman, not a child. Who she chooses to date is her business, not yours.

I suggest you mind your own business and butt out of her life. If you can't do that, walk away from the friendship.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2014, 01:50 PM
    Sadly, some people will put up with a lot in a relationship because they don't want to be alone, or because it is a known situation; the thought of going through leaving and finding someone else seems like too much work.

How good of friends are you? It sounds as if you have already talked to her about it since she said she's not okay with it, but that she stays because she loves him.

If she were a very close friend of mine, I would say something. I might tell her that I love her dearly, and that I am afraid for her safety and well being... the battering part is of particular concern. I would have a quiet talk with her and present what I know to be facts, and ask her what she would say to me if I were seeing someone and the situation was the same. Then I would let her know that I would be there for her should she ever need me.

If she wasn't a very close friend, I would feel badly for her, but take what she said of staying with him as her mind being made up.
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2014, 04:43 PM
    Unless you have managed to master the ability of mind control... nothing. Her decision are hers and hers only, all you can be is a supportive friend if you value her as such, because she will need it for sure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sue mistress [ 3 Answers ]

Can I sue my husbands mistress for messing with him and knwoing that he is married and lives with me. And she is lying about it and gave him a std I got it from him.

Mistress or wife? [ 27 Answers ]

For the past 3 months I have been involved in an affair with a married man who also happens to be my boss. I am not the type of person to ever get involved with someone that cheats but I have completely fallen for this man and found it impossible to stay away. Although we have only been together...

Can I sue the mistress? [ 8 Answers ]

Can I sue my soon to be ex-husbands mistress I live in New Jersey she lives in New York city. I found out they have been together for at least 20 years. I called her when she answered and I told her Iwho I was she hung up the phone on me.

Am I a mistress now? [ 11 Answers ]

I am in a strange situation & have tried to find info every where about but to no luck. So I hope someone can perhaps give me their insight on it. Here goes. I was engaged to a man I had been in a relationship with for 3 yrs. He was 34 & I was 37 at the time, I am 42 & he's 39 now. A old...

Why Become a Mistress? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm referring to a woman in an extended sexual relationship with a married man not her husband. Interestingly, "The Free Dictionary by Farlex" notes: "English has no shortage of terms for women whose behavior is viewed as licentious, but it is difficult to come up with a list of comparable...

View more questions Search