Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Texasguy001 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2014, 10:04 PM
    Need help! Pregnancy hormones!!
    Ok. I need advice. My girlfriend is 6 weeks pregnant and pretty much took my head off tonight. I have been helping her mom out with money, and my girlfriend asked if I could get her mom a tank of gas. Since she became pregnant, lets just say her mom hasn't liked me that much or before that for a matter of fact. As a joke, I replied I will get her gas if she starts treating me better. My girlfriend responded, she will. Then I replied, I will hold her to that. Lol. And then she went off on me. Now she won't even talk to me or text me. Someone help please. I have been doing the world for them and I feel entire worthless now like I am this evil person and I am good for nothing and can't do anything right. I would like to keep the conversation going.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 20, 2014, 10:08 PM
    How old are you and your girlfriend? You have absolutely no responsibility for her mother. It won't be long before you may be held responsible for child support. You need to start saving now.

If it makes your girlfriend mad, so be it, but you are responsible for the child, not your girlfriend's mother.

Oct 20, 2014, 10:12 PM
    I am 23 about to be 24. I play poker for a living so money is no object.
    Expert

Oct 20, 2014, 10:15 PM
    Doesn't matter that money is no object. Her mother is responsible for herself.

At this point, if her mother doesn't like you, she's not going to. She is using you for your money. A gambler eventually looses, you need to save your money for the baby and the mother needs to get a job.
    Expert

Oct 20, 2014, 10:21 PM
    I'm also guessing that this relationship isn't heaven on earth an that your girlfriend was a bit of a diva before she found out she was pregnant.

Oct 20, 2014, 10:23 PM
    Define diva
    Expert

Oct 20, 2014, 10:28 PM
    Diva is a woman who must have her way. It's her way or the highway. Divas are often rude and belittle people.

She thinks she is better than everyone else.
    Luck0rN0t Posts: 263, Reputation: 45

Oct 20, 2014, 11:36 PM
    Does said girlfriend live with her mother, by chance?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 21, 2014, 12:08 AM
    Expect that she will consider what you normally earn a year and start demanding 25 percent of that for child support.

And no, it is not hormones at 6 week, it is just tired of your joking perhaps.

At 6 months, she may start to have them.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2014, 02:42 AM
    Some women, and those around them, will find mood swings a challenge in early pregnancy. Changes, and a fast rise in hormones are a contributing factor.
    However, she may have not appreciated the joking, as Fr_Chuck suggested, or a combination of both.

You know that you were joking, but she may not have. Could there be a bit of truth in your comments, and/or could she have believed that there was?

Her mother may be in need, and you may have been graciously helping to support her, so be it. Just be aware that, depending on her circumstances, this could be a permanent situation. If you are okay with that, fine. The concern is that you could be manipulated into doing so, so just be aware. You know the circumstances.

You could wait for your girlfriend to cool off, or try to explain that you were joking and didn't mean to upset her. How do the two of you usually work out disagreements?

As was said, pregnancy hormones can be a challenge at times, but they are not a pass for rudeness, so that may need to be addressed if this starts to be an issue.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Oct 21, 2014, 07:47 AM
    You took the joke too far and it hit a note of truth. Based upon what you said and what was said here I would guess that she does have some feelings for you, but has more feelings for your bank account. I think her mother believes that, even though you're helping her out, that you're not good enough for her daughter. Takes it out on you trying to either break your will or show her daughter what a horrible person you actually are. So she's meddling. I don't believe that you should be supporting her. If money is going to her you need to have a solid contract about it. If not she's just going to try to drain you for all you're worth and at the end of it it won't be that much.

If there wasn't a child on the way I would have told you to run as fast and as far as you could. The little one is going to add some complexity. So as was said, start protecting yourself financially.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 21, 2014, 03:14 PM
    Stay cool guy. If she is mad, let her cool off. Then see how the conversation goes. Her reasons for being mad really don't matter much, and I doubt this is the first time for her temper tantrum, pregnant or not, and maybe you did push it too far. In any case just give her time to cool off, and then talk.
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2014, 05:05 PM
    Just take it. Calm down and avoid situation at which your baby's mother gets mad, she might not have full control of herself during this time. As far as your girlfriend's mother goes, she can fend for herself, stop taking care of her if she isn't even trying.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnancy hormones and lymph nodes [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I am a 21 year old female, I am about 5 weeks pregnant and a couple days ago I felt a tender, not very swollwn lymph node in the groin area, I called my doctor and the receptionist told me it was probably hormones causing this, I just wanted to know if this was a common problem. Thanks

Low Hormones During Pregnancy [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I was wondering if there are any other possible causes for low hormones during pregnancy aside from being ectopic. I found out my hormones are too low and we aren't sure why. Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

Hormones or what is going on? [ 3 Answers ]

One week I will feel like I can take on the world, the next I am just mediocre, the third, I don't want anyone to really bother me or even touch me, then I start my period and I get the worst cramps and back pain ever then I start the whole month over again! Just wondering if anyone thinks I...

View more questions Search