Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sagnik2422 Posts: 77, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2014, 08:37 PM
    Balance Sheet Question Need Help
    Accounting Homework Helper

On this website can anyone please explain to me how the accounts receivable of $51,000 on the balance sheet was obtained?

I am confused, its an increase of $15,000 and I tried figuring it out from the cash collections but to no avail
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2014, 07:43 AM
    The ending Receivable amount should be 51,000 because of your sales. The information provided is sales are for 40% cash and 60% credit. Also your credit sales are paid in full in the month following the sale. So you only need t consider the March sales of $85,000 times 60% equals $51,000

The 31 Dec Accounts Receivable balance will be received in Jan. Your Jan credit sales will be received in Feb and your Feb sales will be received in March, so in March you only need to consider the March credit sales.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

A single question for journal n leger,p&l a/c,balance sheet,trial balance [ 2 Answers ]

A single question for journal n leger,p&l a/c,balance sheet,trial balance

Classified Balance Sheet Question [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I'm doing a classified balance sheet and my total assets and total liabilties equal, can someone help me and show me what I'm doing wrong? Assets Current assets Cash 15,200 Supplies 1900 Prepaid rent 1,400 Total current assets ...

Balance sheet effect question [ 1 Answers ]

On March 31, 2005, Cars, Inc. owes Preston Devices, one of its suppliers, $25,000 for previous purchases. During April 2005, Preston sells Cars devices with a sales price of $10,000 and a cost to Preston of $8,000. During April Cars pays Preston$12,000 against the amount owed to Preston. What is...

Question about a balance sheet [ 1 Answers ]

Of the following what is considered assets and a liabilities: Sales Revenue Accounts Receivable Equipment Accounts Payable Salaries Expense Inventory Income Taxes Payable Notes Payable Cash

Question about a balance sheet [ 1 Answers ]

Of the following what is considered assets and a liabilities: Sales Revenue Accounts Receivable Equipment Accounts Payable Salaries Expense Inventory Income Taxes Payable Notes Payable Cash

View more questions Search