Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rackcity Posts: 100, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2014, 01:12 AM
    Exercise routine for aesthetics?
    Was on a strength program Stronglifts 5x5... but I would like to switch over to becoming lean and aesthetic. I am very bulky and want to get a six pack. I know diet is key, but how many sets, reps, and exercises should I be doing for aesthetics?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 16, 2014, 02:51 AM
    The definition of aeshetics relates to 'art and beauty' so I don't know what you mean by saying you want to be 'lean and aesethetic'. Maybe you mean 'athletic'?

Hire a personal trainer who can suggest a routine to sculpt your body. It is a personal routine that no one can give you on line because we cant see who we are working with and the results day to day.

Oct 16, 2014, 07:52 AM
    Aesthetic as in very chiseled I guess you could say.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2014, 08:23 AM
    Aesˇthetˇic
    EsˈTHedik/
    adjective
    Adjective: aesthetic; adjective: esthetic

concerned with beauty or the appreciation of beauty.
      "the pictures give great aesthetic pleasure"
      • giving or designed to give pleasure through beauty; of pleasing appearance.

noun
    Noun: aesthetic; plural noun: aesthetics; noun: esthetic; plural noun: esthetics

a set of principles underlying and guiding the work of a particular artist or artistic movement.
      "the Cubist aesthetic"
    Expert

Oct 16, 2014, 10:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rackcity View Post
    Aesthetic as in very chiseled I guess you could say.
    Okay, so you want to be as aesthetically pleasing to the eye as possible; still not applicable to what you want to do. The proper word is 'athletic' looking, I would think.

Oct 16, 2014, 10:25 AM
    Not sure lol I just saw the terminology thrown around on the body building forums but when I asked they gave me a strength routine, where somebody told me it was good to increase weight on lifts but not necessarily the best to hypertrophy the muscle and give me a ripped look.
    Expert

Oct 16, 2014, 12:58 PM
    Look up hypertrophy on Google and see how it relates to body building.

I think I know where you are coming from now. It would refer to the aesthetic look of what you want to achieve, but I don't think they are using the word properly.

Oct 16, 2014, 01:12 PM
    I'm looking for the Lazar Angelov look. I know that takes tons of dedication, but I mean, knowing how to get on the right track with regards to diet and exercise regimens would be great.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Oct 16, 2014, 01:29 PM
    That is going to require a personal trainer and a nutritionist working in tandeum. You're going to need a diet that promotes muscle growth and a weight training regieme that will both build and tone as well as cardio to help with fat loss.

Beyond the scope of many people here. Look up your local body building groups and connect with them. They should be able to help you out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Durabiilty/aesthetics of cement board for exterior walls [ 1 Answers ]

What is your opinion about the durability and aesthetics of cement board for exterior wall replacement of painted plywood for a cabin at 6500' elevation and high snow levels in winter? My internet research reflects common use of a stucco exterior finish on the cement board. Ugh! Doesn't seem...

Exercise Routine [ 11 Answers ]

If you're over 40, you might want to take it easy at first, then do it faster as you become more proficient. It may be too strenuous for some. Always consult your doctor before starting any exercise program! SCROLL DOWN...

New Routine [ 4 Answers ]

hey I used to do circuit workout 3x a week and now I do 3x a week diff muscle groups, because I haven't really seen any change w/ what I have been doing. Is this a good move, because I know a lot of people and whatever do it. I'll try and see thanks, but any advice would be good

It getting to be a routine [ 3 Answers ]

Hey everyone. I just wanted to put my situation out there and see what advice I could get. Me and my girlfriend have been seeing each other for about a year now, exclusively for the past 7 months. We love each other but lately things have been getting boring. We both go to school full time and both...

View more questions Search