Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    janice zeroni Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2014, 07:22 PM
    Will Adopted children escaping their foster homes
    Will adopted children start escaping their homes to look for their biological parents?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2014, 07:30 PM
    WHat? That's called runaway and is illegal. UNtil they are 18 they can't leave or do anything they want. And if they have any respect for the people that loved them enough to adopt them and raise them, they wouldn't do it.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 15, 2014, 07:42 PM
    "Escaping?" I'm certain that was a wrong choice of words. My husband is adopted. He never tried to "escape," nor did he ever try to find his bio parents. His brother is adopted as well, same scenario. Now, their sister is also adopted. She never tried to "escape," but she did find her bio mother once she became an adult. It didn't end well. She was told she was put up for adoption because she wasn't wanted then and she isn't wanted now.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 15, 2014, 07:45 PM
    This is a very general question, and there's no answer.

Running away from home isn't as common as you seem to think. Are there children that run away from home? Yes. Are some of those children adopted? Yes. Do all of the children that are adopted and run away from home, look for their biological parents? No.

Now, if you're asking if all adopted children eventually search for their biological parents, the answer is no. Some do. Some don't. It depends on the individual. I have 3 friends that are adopted. Not one of them have ever even tried to find their biological parents, and they're all adults, the youngest being 38 years old.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 15, 2014, 07:48 PM
    I re-read the subject line of this post. It doesn't make sense. Adopted children don't live in foster homes. Are you talking about adopted children or foster children?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 15, 2014, 07:55 PM
    Good point J. I didn't catch that.

Now this question makes even less sense than before.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Search adults that grew up in foster homes? [ 0 Answers ]

I was wondering if my uncle faron wesley kuhn grew up in a foster home me and his birth mom and birth father has been trying to find him for years he was borned in danville ky sept 20,1969 but he was taking from his father jackie wildic kuhn in cherokee OK when he was 6 years old his birth mothers...

Tv movie father loses sons and searches to get them back from abusive foster homes [ 1 Answers ]

Therer was a movie about a 3 childeren I am not sure I think it was 3 boys but could have been 2 boys and a girl who lose there mother and have to be raised by their father who falls on hard time and the children are taken away and put in abusive homes and the father searches and works to get them...

Movie about children escaping back to England during the war in an old car [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, would love to track down a movie I watched in the 80's, but was made in the 50's or 60's. Plot is set in Europe during World War II about a middle-aged guy driving through war time Europe back to Britain and picking up various children along the way after he's asked to help them to escape back...

When children are taken into foster care [ 20 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me why children would be taken away under the following circumstances?. The mother is said to have a 'drinking' problem and is known by the social services and the police. Apparently the baby about 8 months old, was found by the baby sitter to have a burn on her cheek that...

View more questions Search