Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sethboydg Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2014, 05:30 PM
    Lockjaw
    Just had a tetanus shot and I have had dental problems for many years, I woke up and my jaw was locked cant open it farther than a finger width, I read online that I could pop it back out is this recommended
    ?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2014, 05:54 PM
    Go see your dentist.

Oct 13, 2014, 06:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sethboydg View Post
    Just had a tetanus shot and I have had dental problems for many years, I woke up and my jaw was locked cant open it farther than a finger width, I read online that I could pop it back out is this recommended
    ?
    I don't have health insurance so therefore have no Dr or dentist
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2014, 07:59 PM
    That's a lousy excuse. You own a computer, you probibly have a cell phone, probibly even Cable TV . And yet you don't spend money on the important stuff, like seeing a dentist at least once a year. You can go to a dentist once or twice a year for less than you pay for a cell phone in a year.

Sorry... but I've seen too many people that do that. Bad teeth CAN and do kill people every year. Worse things can happen than all your teeth falling out.

Many dentists will let you make regular payments in advance of a visit...much like layway works at Department stores.

Also sorry, but you need to find the money someplace....because you can't be treated over the internet. Even if its a clinic like gets set up in many poor neighborhoods from time to time.

I didn't say that to be mean...prioritize your expenses give up things you can do without, to have the money for things you actually NEED.

Oct 13, 2014, 08:33 PM
    Well thanks for the advice butthead for one don't pay for the cell phone my job doss can't get health insurance through my job BC my boss is just under the limit for having be required to provide health insurance. Your answer did not help me at all, I know I need to see a surgeon for my teeth so you have no idea how my life is so don't just assume like an . Do t have internet or cable I have 3 kids and a wide to support just wantes some decent advice I know this is not a Dr and I'm not asking for medical opinion just some help so don't assume BC that makes an out of u and me. You do t know me or my life but thanks for being a . I know I need to get health insurance just can't afford it so go back to your high horse and have a great day
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 13, 2014, 09:00 PM
    I would advise you go to the ER. This could be quite serious. There are programs in place at the hospital to help offset your costs.

Oct 13, 2014, 09:11 PM
    Thank you for some real advice.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 14, 2014, 06:39 AM
    Both gave the same advice, you go to the doctor, and figure out later how to pay, if you have a job, most likely they work out a payment plan with you.

This too serous, not to see a doctor
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Oct 14, 2014, 07:07 AM
    To distil both answers. Consider your condition in life. You've got three kids and are low income. You can, if you investigate proper, qualify for many programs that will help you fund this. Ignorance isn't an excuse and you need to explore these but not for yourself but for your kids. Sure this happened to you, but what happens if this had happened to your kids?

It is hard but you need to prioritize your spending to account for these expenses. They will happen. I know it is fine enough for me to say this in my ivory tower, but that's just an excuse to continue doing what you're doing. This is life, it ain't easy and the only one you're making excuses to are yourself and your family.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have lockjaw [ 7 Answers ]

I have had lockjaw for 4 days and have not taken anything. What should I do?

How does multiple myeloma cause lockjaw? [ 1 Answers ]

Lockjaw occurred 1 month prediagnosis so biophosphates are not the cause. How can this be treated?

View more questions Search