Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rudy C Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2014, 01:46 PM
    Restarting a Craftsman mower
    I have a Craftsman mower #917.370431 that starts easily but not when it is idle for more than 5 minutes. It will restart easily within 5 minutes. After that I will then have to wait an hour or more for it to cool down enough to restart easily.
    The engine does not have a primer to inject some fuel into the carb. To increase the fuel/air mixture. The choke most likely is probably in the half way position.
    Is there any way I can remedy this without waiting the hour for the choke to close?

Sincerely
    Rudy
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2014, 12:07 PM
    If it's a auto choke ,could be the spring on the choke
    Pull off breather and housing , u should be able to see all then.
    Rudy C Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2014, 01:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DG View Post
    If it's a auto choke ,could be the spring on the choke
    Pull off breather and housing , u should be able to see all then.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I hope there will be a way to adjust the tension on the spring. I'll soon find out.
    Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman riding mower runs but shuts off when turning on the mower deck [ 0 Answers ]

I have a craftsman riding mower 26 hp b&s with a 48" deck. It's been running fine till yesterday went to mower and as soon as I turn on the mower deck it shuts off. It starts right back up when I try it again off it goes. It seems like it has something to do with the clutch am I right? Thanks ...

Putting lower belt back on mower deck, Craftsman riding mower [ 1 Answers ]

What is the tension pulley? Gram, 67, wants to know? Replacing belt myself hopefully. Craftsman riding mower, lower belt came off. Have lowered deck, belt is loose, not sure where it goes, studying manual but how engage, disengage tension pulley?

I need a mower deck belt for a Craftsman xls 1000 riding lawn mower. [ 2 Answers ]

I can't find a belt for my Craftsman xls 1000 riding lawnmower deck.

Craftsman mower stopped moving but blade engagement still works and mower starts [ 7 Answers ]

Can someone help me determine why my craftsman kohler engine 16hp manuel transmission riding lawnmower stopped being able to move but still is able to turn on/off and engage the mower blade? I have checked the clutch but it appears to work since the mower is able to be turned on/off. All of the...

Murray riding mower not restarting [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 12.5 hp Murray riding mower that refused to start the other day (just clicked at me). After a few minutes of reading on this forum I got it started by jumping it off. After shutting it off it won't restart.. The clicking returns and jumping it off is the only way to get it restarted. ...

View more questions Search