Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Adeelch1 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2007, 12:10 AM
    Burning of the Belly
    Greetings everyone,
    I am Adeel Ahmed all the way from Pakistan. Let me tell you how do I look like.
    Sex: Male
    Height: 5'10
    Weight: 78 kg

My problem is very simple and not very simple. I have a big belly and looks terrible.(36 waist British*). It is very important for me to look good while at work, and to be dressed up well but with 9am-8pm banking I hardly get time for morning or evening walk. I have started going to gym and working hard to burn off my belly but its not very effective or I just could not get the right combination of exercise. Living alone adds to these problems cause with less time I could not get my diet right. Rice, Potatoes, and fast food are my favorite but I don't know if these things have anything to do with my belly.

Could anyone please anyway help me out in getting the diet right and right or effective exercise combination.

With best regards and wishes,
    Adeel Ahmed
    Pakistan
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2007, 05:14 PM
    Fast foods are the worst for any kind of body fat percentage, they are just too high in fats and salt. Try switching from regular bread or rice products to whole grains, like wheat bread, pastas, cereals and breads. You need to eat veggies, and fruits. Baked potatoes are good, depending on what your filling them with, choose light spreads, instead of butter or margarine, use small amounts of low fat, skim pr partially skim cheeses, low fat or fat free sour cream, very small amounts! or yogurt, load it with broccoi, onions, or other veggies, instead. It takes time and proper nutrition to get a flat belly, but you need to do some exercise, even a small walk, or bike ride for 1/2 hr. will help, and help you relax,if you could work in some aerobics or weight/resistance training that would help immensly. Lowering any body fat, takes a low intake of calories, eating natural foods, like fruits, veggies, lean meats, like skinless chicken, turkey breast, fish, broiled or baked. No sodas or presweetened drinks, lots of water, and low fat, dairy, like 1-2% or skim milk, low fat, skim or partially skim cheeses, and non fat, or low fat yogurt. And whole wheat products, like I said. Plus exercise, hope this gives you some more info you can use.
    Adeelch1 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2007, 09:58 AM
    A friend of mine advised me to inject myself with Fat Burner. I asked him if there are any side effects and he replied in negative? A bit confused if he is right or wrong.
    SameOldSituation Posts: 66, Reputation: 32

Apr 23, 2007, 01:34 PM
    Adeel,

The belly is a tough area to work out.

Don't inject yourself with anything! You need to work out hard AND eat right. Can you budget 30 minutes a day to running before or after work? Use those 30 min to run HARD. Perhaps do some jump-rope. Try an elliptical machine. How about a spinning class at your gym (stationary bicycling)?

Rice and potatoes = carbs, but that's OK as long as you don't eat too much fat with them. (That's why lovelessspa said to go easy on the fatty toppings.)

Fast foods have horrible amounts of fats and carbs together, so stay away. Bring your lunch from home.

Work out cardio HARD. Don't eat fats and carbs together as much as you can help it.

And as for abdominal exercises, there are about 5 different muscle groups you have to work out to get those "washboard" abs, but I don't know that's your major concern at this point.
    reneedawe Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2007, 12:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Adeelch1
    Greetings everyone,
    I am Adeel Ahmed all the way from Pakistan. Let me tell you how do I look like.
    Sex: Male
    Height: 5'10
    Weight: 78 kg

My problem is very simple and not very simple. I have a big belly and looks terrible.(36 waist British*). It is very important for me to look good while at work, and to be dressed up well but with 9am-8pm banking I hardly get time for morning or evening walk. I have started going to gym and working hard to burn off my belly but its not very effective or I just could not get the right combination of exercise. Living alone adds to these problems cause with less time I could not get my diet right. Rice, Potatoes, and fast food are my favorite but I don't know if these things have anything to do with my belly.

Could anyone please anyway help me out in getting the diet right and right or effective exercise combination.

With best regards and wishes,
    Adeel Ahmed
    Pakistan
    I have lost 49 lbs in the last 5 months and I know belly fat sucks... Cardio, cardio, cardio! The most inexpensive cardio available are jumping jacks, though your body will hurt from the constant repetitive movement if you do too many. Try them in intervals of 20 starting, alternating in between with crunches/sit ups or push ups (which you can do against a wall on an angel if your upper body stregnth isn't what it should be). Build up your repetoir past 20 when you can. A Jumping jack will also work your abs because naturally you have to work your ab muscles. Jump rope is also good, and I have fallen in love with boxing.

Diet wise well I was lucky, I started needing the food I ate to maintain my muscle mass that I built and junk food (those with no nutritional value) did little for me. Try little changes at first, cutting down fast food to twice a week; baking foods instead of frying them; baked potato instead of french fries; whole wheat bread/pasta instead of white; water instead of cola; oatmeal chocolate chip muffins instead of whatever chocolate sweet you crave... and your body will begin to crave better for you things.

Booze will get you too. If you drink do wine, or liquors in fruit juice. Beer and pop are bad bad bad when you want to lose weight.

I hope this helps it sure has for me!
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2007, 12:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Adeelch1
    A friend of mine advised me to inject myself with Fat Burner. I asked him if there are any side effects and he replied in negitive? A bit confused if he is right or wrong.
    Please, don't do this! This is something you need to talk to your Doctor about! Try these exercise, do 2 sets, 10-15 reps for 2-3 days and then take one day off to rest and then start again.

Lie on your back with your hands behind your head and your legs streched out and lifted over your hips so there perpendicular to the floor, turn feet outward. Lift your head off the floor, Inhale and lower your legs torward the floor several inches, exhale, reurn to original position. Start with 4-6 reps, work up to 8-10.

Lie facedown on the floor with your upper body propped up on your forearms so your elbows are directly beneath your shoulders. Raise your body off the floor so your body eds up in a straight line supported by your forearms and toes, Don't arch your back. Hold 15-20 seconds, 3 repetitions

Lie faceup on the floor, legs extended, hands loose behind your head, Slowly bring your left elbow across your body while bending your right knee and lifting your leg toward your chest as far as your comfortable. Hold, then lower back to start, repeat, alternating sides, Your should be twisting your body not your neck.

Try a few of these, you should see some results in 3-4 weeks.;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Belly piercing [ 8 Answers ]

Ok I got my belly pierced and when I clean it and every thing it still feels like there is soap in it or the salt water but I rinsh it really good so I don't no and I'm getting kind a scared I only hade it picered 4 days.I think it is healing really good though how long should I clean it for?I...

Flabby Belly [ 3 Answers ]

I just wondered if anyone would be able to give me any advice i have recently joined the gym as i badly want to lose weight at the moment i weight 264lbs and have already lost 2 stone (28lbs) before joining the gym... I really wanted to get rifd of my flabby belly and lose some weight off my boobs...

Belly peircing [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I got my peircing done around November, I cleaned it 3 times a day but this month I have just stopped cleaning it , I might only clean it once in about 2 weeks. I was told that if you clean it a lot you're weakening the tissue around the peircing which invites more bacteria. Do you think by...

Belly [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 13 I had my belly button pierced last year but I used witch hazel it went infected and the two holes meet as one I now have 1 scar at the top . My mate is going to have hers done on the weekend I would like to have mine done with her my mom said I can but she thinks they won't do it because of...

Beer belly :( [ 3 Answers ]

I weigh 185lbs and I have been working out for a month now (running and bicyling).. I have lost fat around the chest and weight is coming off my thighs.. However my belly is being stubborn... Fat is sticking to my stomach (specially around the belly button) and it makes it look like a spare tire!...

View more questions Search