Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brownie49 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2014, 05:18 PM
    My starter cord keeps rejecting
    When my 2hp briggs & Stratton edger is running it suddenly squeals and vibrates and rejects the cord and stops the motor
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Oct 10, 2014, 08:22 AM
    Although you said rejected I assume you mean that the line is being pulled from the spool. Most line trimmers have a knife (really just a piece of metal) that trims the line to its maximum length. Knife is usually located on the edge of the underside of the cover. If the line gets to long it can wrap around an object and then be pulled from the spool.
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2014, 12:07 PM
    Replace starter clutch

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honda HS35 snowblower starter cord [ 2 Answers ]

The starter cord came out after a couple pulls. It used to work great. Since the cord not broke there is sufficient cord to use the same cord. I have it all apart and see the spring tightens when I turn it toward the front of the machine. Where do I install the cord and how exactly does it get...

Bolens BL100 starter cord replacement [ 1 Answers ]

On Bolens BL100 string trimmer: How do you remove the "palnut" holding the cord pulley in place? Does it screw in or pull off? I fear breaking it. Thanks

Push Mower Starter Cord Replacement [ 1 Answers ]

John Deere Push Mower-Starter Cord Broke What are the replacement steps?

Stuck starter cord [ 1 Answers ]

We have a 21" mulching Troy-built mower. I was using it today and it died on me. When I tried to pull the start cord the start cord will not move. What happened?

Weed Eater starter cord replacement [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Weed Eater model Quantum XM, model # WE986RA with a broken starter cable. I checked your previous answers but I don't see how to get the housing off. It seems to be riveted. It doesn't seem like a good idea to drill the rivits without checking first.

View more questions Search