Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bash1014 Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2014, 05:37 PM
    I sit alone at lunch and want new friends
    I sit alone at lunch and I what to the easiest way to meet new friends I can sit with in the future
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 8, 2014, 05:47 PM
    Have you always sat alone?

Oct 8, 2014, 05:50 PM
    Since 9th grade
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 8, 2014, 06:13 PM
    Start setting with other people and talk to them during lunch.

Talk to other students between classes.

You need to make the move to sit with other people.

but how old are you, what level school ?

you are talking about tattoo and strip clubs in your other posts,

Oct 8, 2014, 06:25 PM
    I'm 18 and I'm in 12th grade
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 8, 2014, 06:29 PM
    Why do you think you eat lunch alone?

Oct 8, 2014, 06:31 PM
    I don't know I always had trouble making friends since I was little
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 8, 2014, 07:27 PM
    Do you have favorite classes and teachers? Do you know other students, or are most of these kids strangers to you? Do you have a pet? a hobby? a favorite video game?

Oct 8, 2014, 08:40 PM
    I know some but most of them are strangers. I have 2 dogs. I watch Netflix most of the time watching Dexter. I don't play that much
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 9, 2014, 02:32 AM
    I think making friends boils down to 3 things in general:
    1. Be friendly and natural without trying to impress
    2. Compliment the other person on something you really mean, anything from what they are wearing to how they spoke in a class
    3. Make the conversation about that person rather than yourself. Ask harmless questions about what they like or how they feel about some music or teacher or anything. Get them talking without being actually nosy. That way you aren't self conscious. When you do talk, keep it short (like me too or I did that once or I sort of feel that way) so that it's more about the other person.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2014, 04:25 AM
    You could start by sitting near someone, remember to ask if the seat is taken.
    Try to sit near a class mate so you aren't a complete stranger, and this might give a topic of conversation like a recent lecture.
    To be friendly, be interested in other people and get them to talk about themselves
    Try to notice something about them before you sit down so you have something positive you might engage them with

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ex wanted to get lunch and be friends... no contact after lunch? [ 4 Answers ]

My Ex from a while back moved back home after her school thing didn't work out. She broke up with me to go to school across the country BTW. Anyway she said she wanted to be friends and didn't want to loose me as a friend, I wasn't really cool with this at first because I still have feelings for...

My lunch buddy [ 4 Answers ]

At my job I have a lunch buddy. He's male and I'm female. We've been going to lunch together for about a year. We know a lot about each other and enjoy spending lunch together and taking breaks together and relaxing. Lately between us things have gotten weird because someone mentioned out loud that...

Time off for lunch [ 1 Answers ]

It takes Eva 3 hours longer to do the monthly payroll than it takes Cicely. They start working on it together at 9:00 am and at 5:00 pm they have 90% of it done. If Eva took a 2 hour lunch break while Cicely had none, then how much longer will it take for them to finish the payroll working together?

Lunch breaks [ 2 Answers ]

I work in a hospital and work 12hr shift. We waived our 2nd break so we only work 12 1/2 hrs. We get one 30 min break and 3 separate 10 minute breaks. They said we are not allowed to combine are 3 ten min. breaks. NO more then that and they are real sticklers. They say it is the law. However, I...

Easter lunch [ 9 Answers ]

I had my family over for easter. I bought all the food cooked it and we all decided to share the expenses. Mum and her boyfriend haven't paid me yet! I feel awkwared asking them for the money seeing as mums boyfriend is helping us with works in our apartment... My husband said we need that...

View more questions Search