Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arby808 Posts: 110, Reputation: 4

Oct 8, 2014, 06:22 AM
    97 blazer will not start
    I have a 1997 blazer that will crank but will not start This started about a month ago and the vehicle started to stall after driving it and shutting it off and starting it again it would stall and start right up. Well it got worst and no will not start at all I did change the alternator and the battery is up to par I did notice that the dash lights do not turn on when I turn the key to the run spot and when the vehicle would stall the dash lights would go out also. Any ideas? I did try another computer box also
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2014, 06:34 AM
    Did you ever pull the codes from the computer when all of this started or since before you started randomly replacing parts?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2014, 06:47 AM
    The Ignition Control Module (ICM) has likely failed, which is easy to replace.

Oct 8, 2014, 07:34 AM
    No codes
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2014, 08:52 AM
    Failing ICMs usually don't throw codes.

Oct 10, 2014, 02:15 PM
    Tried a icm still nothing
    Uber Member

Oct 10, 2014, 03:52 PM
    . Check the ignition switch for wear, pitting, or melting.

. Check the crankshaft position sensor.

. Test all under hood and under dash fuses with a test light or multi-meter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a 95 chevy blazer 4.3l vortec that want start. [ 1 Answers ]

I'm getting fuel &, spark. It backfires once or twice as turn the ignition. It also seems as if it wants to stop turning as a try to crank it. What could this be

96 s10 blazer 4.3 won't start? [ 7 Answers ]

I have a 1996 s10 blazer 4wd 4.3 auto. I was driving down the E-way today, had the cruise set at 65mph when it stalled. I had just fueled up so I have a full tank of gas only 8 miles on it. It gave no warning at all just cut out. I felt like I was losing speed so looked down and the rpm was at...

95 blazer no start [ 4 Answers ]

Replaced plugs,cap,rotor,wires, coil,cam sesor,spider,nut kit, and now this blazer will not start have 58 lbs fuel pressure need help

87 blazer will not start [ 3 Answers ]

I have an 86 6 cycider engine s-10 blazer, when I first got it one of the fuel injectors was bad but the other was working and I was getting gas but still would not start, after replacing the furl injectors along with the throttle body and still would not start so I tracked it back to the fuel pump...

94 s10 blazer won't start [ 12 Answers ]

When I was at the ATM tonight my blazer died for no reason and no it won't start. The fuel pump was replace two years ago and the start is 6 months old so I can't think why it won't start, when I try it sound like its starting normal but it won't fire up. Any ideas? Also I heard it could be the EGR...

View more questions Search