Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Piggley Winks Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2014, 08:51 PM
    When does the employer of an H1B need to advertise position?
    I am a professor with an H1B visa. My H1B has started 2 months ago. When does my employer need to advertise my position to show that they cannot hire a US citizen/permanent resident for this position? Do they have to advertise my position right now? Or, can they wait till I file my petition for permanent residence?

Thank you.
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65

Nov 20, 2014, 08:05 AM
    For an H-1B nonimmigrant visa petition, there is no requirement for advertising the position. There is a posting notice on the job site regarding the position and the Labor Condition Attestation (LCA).

For permanent residence, the advertising is part of the labor certification process.

Please confirm this with the school's immigration counsel. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can h1b visa employer apply for the h1b visa holder and his wife at the same time ? [ 0 Answers ]

My husband has h1b visa should my husband get the green card first then I apply to the green card or the emplyoer can apply for both of us at the same time p.s I am and usa with my husband

How should sony company position and advertise product to Consumers & baby boomers. [ 1 Answers ]

How should sony company position and advertise product to Consumers & baby boomers.

H1B transfer - whether current employer know about the new employer [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Experts Currently I am on H1b visa with company A. I would like to transfer this to Company B. I heard that Company A will not know that it is transferring to Compnay B during the transfer. Is this correct? Also, after successful transfer to compnay B whether USCIS will send any...

View more questions Search