Oct 6, 2014, 03:59 PM
    I was wondering if its OK to have a crush on a friend that's dating someone
    ... cccccccccccccccccccccccc
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 6, 2014, 04:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bash1014 View Post
    ... cccccccccccccccccccccccc
    I'd say no. Look elsewhere to crush on someone. Your crushing on this person will cause you to stretch the limits of how you should behave, and you won't respect boundaries.
    Bash1014 Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2014, 04:18 PM
    I'm trying really hard to stop
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 6, 2014, 04:22 PM
    There is no such thing as okay or not okay when it comes to having a crush. You can't help who you crush on. There is okay and not okay on who you make a move on though.

So I have a few questions.

How old are you? How old is this crush? Does this crush have a boyfriend or girlfriend?

One thing that I will warn you about. If you're young, and this is a good friend, I'd look elsewhere. The majority of young relationships end, and once you've been boyfriend and girlfriend, being friends is really no longer an option, especially when you're young. So you have to decide whether you want to lose this friendship in the long run.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 6, 2014, 04:36 PM
    I'm trying really hard to stop
    Is this the 20-25 year old woman in your other question? You have a crush on her?

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dating...rl-802512.html

Oct 6, 2014, 04:46 PM
    No a girl at school
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 6, 2014, 04:52 PM
    No a girl at school
    As long as she's dating someone, it's hands (and heart) off. And if she become free, be careful you don't become a rebound boyfriend (they get dumped pretty fast), or worse, get put in the friend zone where she cries on your shoulder until she finds a rebound guy.

Oct 6, 2014, 04:53 PM
    I'm 18 she's 17 yes she has a BF

Oct 6, 2014, 05:02 PM
    I don't know if I like her or not I'm so confused I've only known her for about 6 weeks
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 6, 2014, 05:08 PM
    As noted, she is dating someone else, so even if you had a crush, you do nothing,

So, can you have one, yes, no one can stop you. The issue is, you can not say or do anything about it, so it is best to try not to think about her that way

Oct 6, 2014, 05:14 PM
    Ok case closed
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 7, 2014, 05:15 AM
    Crushes come and go, and its okay to have a crush on anyone. It's what you do about that crush that counts. Just stay within the boundaries of good behavior.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2014, 05:49 AM
    Most high school relationships don't last, so one option is to wait it out. As another take on the situation, dating is not engaged and is not married. I don't like this idea that high school kids own each other because they date. I feel it is OK to let the young lady know you are interested in her. If she turns you down though, take her at her word. At the same time, it is totally uncool to do that if her boyfriend is also your buddy. Guy code. Overall though, as my now very happily married friend used to say to her boyfriend of many years, "no rings, no strings". Of course, we didn't sleep with our boyfriends in those days so I would consider that too. If someone is in a sexual relationship, I certainly would not suggest stepping in. And if the relationship she is in is exclusive, don't see her unless she first ends it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My best friend of 8 years is dating my ex boyfriend/crush. What do I do? [ 17 Answers ]

Hi. >First post was deleted by the OP.<

My best friend is dating my crush. [ 9 Answers ]

I had a crush on my best friends cousin for a few months and a new girl came to the school and me and my 7 best friends instantly became best friends with her. A while after I finally convinced myself to ask him out. Later that night I was staying at one of my best friends house with another one of...

The girl I have a crush on is dating my friend [ 2 Answers ]

Ok so when I finally thought I will finally ask her out, I noticed she spends more time with one of my friends. I was suspicious at first but I thought I was paranoid and jealous.Turns out today, they are actually dating. About a week ago we kissed, so I'm very very confused. I also told her I'm...

My old crush likes me and We both are dating someone [ 1 Answers ]

I used to Be obsessed with this guy from school and got in so much drama because of him. We never dated but we bothed liked each other. About a month ago we both stopped liking each other and now he has a girlfriend and I have a boyfriend. The only problem is lately he is always staring at me in...

Have a crush on a friend [ 14 Answers ]

K, been friends with this girl for a while and always had a crush on her. I had a girlfriend so there was nothing I could do about it at the time. There was a time that she wanted to go out with me but couldn't because I had the girlfriend. I no longer have this girlfriend but my friend says...

View more questions Search