Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    caud3298 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2014, 05:39 PM
    I installed Honeywell RTH2300/RTH221 in June. A/C worked fine. But heat doesn't wor
    I installed the Honeywell RTH2300/RTH221 in June. My A/C worked fine. I am now switching to heat and nothing happens when I change to heat. I followed instructions in my manual. Could there be a wire that I connected wrong?
    Missouri Bound Posts: 1,532, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Oct 5, 2014, 08:03 PM
    You wired it wrong. Is this a heat pump installation? Are you sure it worked BEFORE you changed the t-stat? Did you turn off the power before you did the t-stat change?
    There could be literally a dozen reasons it doesn't work... call a professional before you get too cold.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honeywell RTH2300 replacing old honeywell non-programmable. I have a heat pump. Heat [ 1 Answers ]

I needed a programmable thermostat and replaced an older (not that old) Honeywell model with the new RTH2300. It came with Y, W, R, Blue, and G wires. I hooked all the wires up (manual said hook up Blue but not O, which I don't have, for heat pump and put a jumper between Y and W. I've done that,...

I installed my thermostat. The ac worked fine but when it went on automatic the fan [ 1 Answers ]

I installed my thermostat. The ac worked fine but when it went on automatic the fan did not come on. Only the compressor came on. Is it the thermostat?

I just installed Honeywell RTH2300 thermostat and it is not functioning. Help! [ 0 Answers ]

I have an all electric unit with a hot water traditional tank. The wires coming from the wall connected to the old thermostat as follows: Red to R Blue to C Yellow to YY2 Green to G White to W The Honeywell customer care rep told me not to use the blue wire. He instructed me to connect...

I installed a new condenser fan motor and it worked fine for an hour then shut off [ 3 Answers ]

I installed a new condenser fan motor and capacitor but after an hour of working the fan tuned off,checked the voltage, and amps to motor everything read fine.compressor kept on running so I shut off.I don't know what else to look for this is the first time iv'e seen this problem happen. I...

Installed Honeywell Thermo- Doesn't shut off heat [ 7 Answers ]

HI... I installed the Honeywell RTH221B heat/cool thermostat. Despite setting the temperature to 65 as the main temp and 65 on all 4 time cyles of the day, the heat goes until I take it off the wall. I am thinking maybe I installed it incorrectly. I know the guy at the 800 number at...

View more questions Search