Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DachsieLady Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2014, 01:28 PM
    Can I find movie title by describing plot and age of movie
    I am trying to find the title of an old movie from the 1930s that was about a man who in his earlier life was a wealthy wise Walstreet investor but later in life was down and out and on a ship with several immigrants who had been persuaded to invest their few dollars in some stock that failed badly. The man was elected by the people on the ship to sort of lead them and advise them and the people became persuaded to invest their last few dollars in some stock investment. The man who was their elected leader knew it was a bad investment but the people unanimously voted for their leader to make that investment for them.

The stock failed badly and the people were deeply distraught and thought they were totally broke but their leader at the end wisely did NOT make that investment for those people he was helping and he was able to get some good money windfall for them instead. All the immigrants were so happy at the end of the movie.

The movie as I recall took place either all or almost all in the setting of being on a ship in the ocean.

That is all I can remember.

Sure would like to find the title of that movie.
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Oct 5, 2014, 02:23 PM
    Luxury Liner (1933)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Find an old movie by describing the plot [ 1 Answers ]

90's movie about a black man in prison who is taught to treat others with respect so he can earn parole to find his son and raise him before he becomes involved with a gang

Find an old movie by describing the plot [ 3 Answers ]

I remember seeing a movie, an old period drama (colonial), about two sisters. One sister is engaged to be married while the other sister is desperately in love with her sister's fiancée. In the end, the first sister feels a strong calling to become a nun, leaving her fiancée available for her...

Find a movie title by describing the storyline [ 1 Answers ]

Bad boy falls in love with a preachers daughter that's terminally ill even though she tells him don't fall in love with me he builds her a giant telescope to view the stars before she dies at end of movie the boy and father sit together and remember her after her death

Help to find this movie title I am describing [ 0 Answers ]

I just remember a scene and the main idea about a movie I saw on TV long time ago and don't know the title. The movie is about some men who hear sounds in their brains, sounds of other people who speak to them via chipsets on their brains, they put the chipsets on these men's brains without their...

View more questions Search