Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    haley_nikole Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2014, 08:41 AM
    Emergency contraceptives
    I had protected sex last but I am still worried. Can I use my birth control sprintec as an emergency contraceptive?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2014, 09:42 AM
    Seriously... NO form of birth control is 100% effective... and the morning after pill is no different.

You take your birth control pills on time, as required and use a second form as well. Its still possible to get pregnant that way ( though not extremely likely) so if you are going to be freaking out... that is a very clear indication you aren't ready or in a position to be having sex since having sex WILL result in parenthood for a percentage of people who engage in this activity.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2014, 10:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by haley_nikole View Post
    I had protected sex last but I am still worried. Can I use my birth control sprintec as an emergency contraceptive?
    Many birth control pills can be used as emergency contraception, but dosage will vary so you would need to contact your doctor as to whether yours is suitable for that purpose and, if so, what dosage would be appropriate for you.

A better option would be to purchase regular emergency contraception, such as Plan B, and use that. You can purchase it at your pharmacy over the counter.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 5, 2014, 07:45 PM
    I see some web sites from India, that do say it can be. The issue will be the dosage of the pills you have. So contact the doctor you got them from..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnancy and contraceptives [ 3 Answers ]

When is the safest time for copulation without getting pregnant if you are not using any birth control method ?

Worried about taking emergency contraceptives pill [ 2 Answers ]

Hey doctor I am married before 7 months We don't want baby rite now Today we had an unprotected sex and I'm woried about pregnancy My menstural date was 16 sept this month. I have taken emergency contraceptives 2 months before but after taking that I had several pimples on my face neck and...

Old foms of contraceptives [ 2 Answers ]

Well I did'nt know where to ask this question. I'm writing a compare and contrast paper on contraceptives from now and the old ones, I don't know if that made sense? But well if anyone knows and could help me? Thank you very much :)

Oral contraceptives [ 4 Answers ]

I use oral contraceptives 21days for 7months,one of my friend said her doctor said u should break body after use these tablet for 6months,means use pills for 6months,break for 6months & start after 6monthbreak again,can u help me.

View more questions Search