Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ThisIsTurtleeee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2014, 05:40 AM
    We seem to have a connection, but she never told me she has a boyfriend?
    Hi everyone! Where to start... kind of a long post.

So I started university on Tuesday, there was a pretty cute girl in my class. Kind of a stereotypical prettygirl but there was almost something different about her. I'd never just spoken to someone before and I'm not particularly good at the dating game so I thought I'd take the risk and speak to her. I spoke to her, sat next to her in our first class and walked her over to the train station at the end of the day. I didn't have to, it's possible for me to get a bus home from right outside the campus.. she doesn't know that though.

During our first class I tried hard to try and make things a little playful for us to become comfortable around each other and see if there was a connection. So (being an art student) I made myself messy and plastered a tiny dot of paint on her arm. In total, twice. She returned in kind by putting a yellow blob on my hand. She was quite a reserved person throughout the day.

That night I was desperate to discover if she had a boyfriend or not. I felt like there was definitely something there but didn't want to continue to show interest in her if she had one. I spent about an hour filling through countless people (I didn't know her full name) with her name to find out on Facebook. Didn't find anything. So I continued as normal.

The next day of university - Thursday. It was definitely clear she was a lot more comfortable around me straight away. She was less reserved and I had my friend acting as my wingman, as they both catch the same train. At the start of class I complimented her, telling her she looked nice and shortly after felt stupid as the mature student she sat next to (clearly realising I was in to her) started laughing and hinting that she knew there was interest. I stuttered out that she had the wrong idea while the girl I like was watching intently. Probably a bad idea.

Throughout the day she seemed to be returning the interest I was showing her. We made intense eye contact a few times, she always waited after class to chill with me over breaks, during one of our lectures she moved all the way to sit directly next to me and during a tutorial moved as close as she could without being directly next to me. I felt as if there was definitely a connection between us. I started to almost feel like there was an awkward kind of tension, but we were both afraid to admit it to each other.

My wingman had somehow managed to change my picture on my Facebook profile, when I saw it I made a comment to the girl that he somehow managed to get the crop perfect in a matter of seconds, showing her. Shortly after she had sent me a friend request which leads me to wonder - if she was so quick to connect on social media today, was she looking for me as I was her?

Accepting when getting home I knew this was my opportunity to discover whether she was in a relationship or not. Turns out she is. I'm not the jealous type and know it's time to tone down the interest levels as I don't want to get involved, or be the cause of them splitting up. Though I did snoop his profile a little and noticed he'd made a post claiming he was bi-sexual, wanted a boyfriend and had told her, to which she wasn't happy about it. Not only that, the day she had added me (I don't normally take notice of these things but I'm over-thinking because I really like this girl) she had changed her picture to a solo one rather than one with her boyfriend. And scrolling through her pictures, she'd only used ones of them together for the duration of their relationship - 2.5years. We haven't really spoke via social media, she seemed very untalkative.

I'm fine to respect that she's in a relationship, but I'm also wondering if it's worth acting as if he's not in the equation as it comes across as if she's unhappy now? I'm slightly wary of what she does/ doesn't find attractive as it looks like she likes the generic "rugged pretty-boy with a stubble" and I'm an average looking guy.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 5, 2014, 06:20 AM
    No, it's not worth acting upon. She is in a relationship, she is untouchable to you right now.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 5, 2014, 06:21 AM
    You have known her what, a week, and there is already a connection? If you can say that in 6 months then you got something. So find out and try not to act like a dog with a new bone. Hell two strangers can be attracted when they first meet, but will they stay attracted after getting to know each other better?

The fun is finding out. The risk is finding out.

Talaniman Rule - Never give your heart to a stranger until you are sure they know what to do with it.

If you want to know her relationship status, just ask, before you get involved, and act accordingly.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 5, 2014, 07:31 AM
    Interesting post, This. Well written and held my attention which is more then I can say for some. Anyway, yes, back off a bit buddy because you don't know how involved she is in the relationship she is currently in. It is okay though to continue the friendship level because that is not crossing any boundaries.

I would have to say follow tal's excellent advice.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Oct 5, 2014, 10:38 AM
    She is in a relationship so I would back off.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

my boyfriend randomly told me we're not together [ 21 Answers ]

I feel broken. I think of him all the time. We dated for a year and he went away to study. He hasn't come back yet. We tried long distance. We did it for a yea, well I think we were in a relationship. Anyway, he randomly told me that we're not together one night... Why would he do that? Just a...

She told me she has a boyfriend so... [ 3 Answers ]

All right, So there's this women at work, and well I've thought she was pretty attractive since way back when. But it's only recently that I've really had the chance to talk to her and stuff and well... I really started liking her. Started talking to her even more, like as in everyone within the...

My boyfriend mom told me today that my boyfriend was molested as a child [ 4 Answers ]

She asked me to keep it to myself till he tells me one day, we both started to cry, and she feels angry because she didn't know, and if she could, would want to file a late rape charge. It hurts, and I wish he could tell me, and know that I love him no matter what. He recently about 4 months...

She has a boyfriend and I told her how I feel, now what? [ 18 Answers ]

So I just came across this site while trying to find advice on how I should proceed and I figured what the hell, I'll just ask. Here's the deal (kind of long): I met this girl in one of my classes back in January and we really hit it off. We started studying and working on homework together a...

Why does my boyfriend still get told what he can do by his ex? [ 6 Answers ]

Have a little bit of issue with my boyfriend ex, they have a 3 yr old togther, she left him when the child was 6 months, on his own for 2 and half yrs having access to the child 2 days a week(which on those days I don't see him nor have I met the child, been with him 6 months) we have to plan our...

View more questions Search