Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wensdela23 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2014, 06:47 PM
    Crazy thinking
    Is it worth it for a negative Hiv having a relationship with a positive hiv living in the same house?? Please share opinion I need to show my friend what's popping???
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2014, 06:59 PM
    In my opinion... its monumentally stupid for the NON-HIV person to do it... no matter how many precautions they would take... eventually a mistake will be made and they will expose themselves to it and eventually get it themselves. As it is, there is no cure. That might change in the future...or maybe it won't. But the incredible expense for medications to keep it under control and you alive.....and thats for one person. would bankrupt a couple....and a couple with BOTH that have it...unles you are already independently wealthy, its doubtful you could afford.

Oct 4, 2014, 07:01 PM
    Okay thank you
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 21, 2014, 03:25 PM
    You better have one helluva strong relationship to overcome the obstacles and burdens an HIV positive partner will put on it.
    alanad123 Posts: 102, Reputation: 5

Oct 21, 2014, 03:44 PM
    If your well clued up about this sort of stuff such as the infections and diseases that can come from HIV and know how to protect yourself from contracting the virus and also a strong person who could deal with the facts of HIV then you could live with them, it's entirely up to you, HIV is tragic and unfortunately there is no cure, the HIV with slowly turn into aids, which is difficult not only for the poor soul who has contracted the virus but also carers, family and friends of the person who has it

And also 'smoothly' there are more things to do that could preserve life other than just medication and treatment, also simple things like eating healthy and exercising regularly can prolong the life of the infected person, also counselling and therapy can help deal with the emotional effects of the virus.

Oct 21, 2014, 05:12 PM
    Thank you for reply

Thank you
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2014, 05:43 AM
    The risk vs reward just isn't there. I wouldn't do it.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 22, 2014, 07:15 AM
    I realistically can't see building a long term future, and even with the best planning, education, precaution, and willingness, the short term would be rocky at best, and very difficult to sustain, and finances darn near impossible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Crazy crazy crazy the crowd is going crazy [ 0 Answers ]

What the name of the song containg the words" can't get you out of my head, my destiny, forever, and" lie lie lie lie lie" repeated several times at the ned of the somg" help me pla

What is my ex girlfriend thinking? Could she be thinking about me and what we've lost [ 12 Answers ]

So here's the deal, a little more than a year ago I met this girl. Our chemistry was so fricken intense. We started seeing each other, things felt awesome when we were together. If I were to imagine my perfect love, it would be her. We loved the same music (which is underground and hard to find),...

Is it crazy to be thinking of my first love after 3 years of separation? [ 1 Answers ]

OK, this is a little long winded, but it's important to know all the details before assessing if I'm crazy or not! I would love someone's wisdom on this subject - I feel I am crazy! I started seeing my ex 6 years ago when we started university. We were both 21 at the time. He was my first love...

What's she thinking? [ 15 Answers ]

So it's been about a month since my breakup with my girlfriend and we're on friendly terms now. We talk and are cordial with each other but don't go out of our way to hang out together, or at least I don't. We have a lot of mutual friends so therefore we still hang out once a week or so. I still...

Then Why do I keep thinking about them? [ 5 Answers ]

Ok so I'm in a happy very happy relationship with a girl that really loves me.. kind of all I ever wanted =) yeah joy right.. for some damn reason I keep thinking about my Xes and not just one but all of them.. I laugh to myself thinking they are not even half the girl that my one is.. they...

View more questions Search