Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Davethinking Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2014, 12:06 PM
    Magic Chef fridge with top freezer: refrigerater warms up but freezer still working
    I have a Magic Chef frost free fridge bought in 2001. For the last few years, the fridge slowly gets warm, to be about 15C, but the top freezer stays cold, to at least -12 or so.

It seems to only do this in warm/humid weather. My MO has been to defrost the whole thing in September when the weather cools, and then it seems to work fine again until the next June when humid and warm weather hits and the fridge starts to slowly warm up again.

The fridge is equipped with dials that turn from 1 to 7, 7 being coldest, one dial for the fridge and one for the upper freezer.

My theoy is that the vents are frosting up in humid weather so that the cold air from the freezer cant get to the fridge.

Any thoughts and/or solutions would be highly appreciated

Check out some similar questions!

Fridge not cooling nor is the top of freezer [ 2 Answers ]

The coils are not frozen, and there is no dust, the only fan I can see is working. Any idea what could be wrong

Amana bottom-freezer refrigerator: freezer cold, fridge warm. Solution! [ 0 Answers ]

Surprised! Embarrassed! My wife had accidentally covered the return vent under the bottom left drawer. I didn't catch it until much later. Thanks to any who tried to help. Bruce Hi everyone, Freezer cold. Removed freezer inside back panel. No excess frost on evaporator. Air duct...

Amana bottom-freezer refrigerator: freezer cold, fridge warm. [ 0 Answers ]

Hi everyone, Freezer cold. Removed freezer inside back panel. No excess frost on evaporator. Air duct to fridge seems clear. Circulating fan is running. Fridge thermostat fan is holding baffle wide open. Air exiting duct is at about 33 degrees F. Very little air comes through duct if the...

Amana bottom-freezer refrigerator: fridge not cold, freezer is frosty! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone! I have a slightly over a year old Amana bottom-freezer refrigerator (model #: ABR1922FES). Yesterday, I noticed that the fridge wasn't as cold as it should be, so I turned the temp control cooler, and then, as per the owner's manual, waited 24 hours for it to kick in. It didn't....

Magic chef refrigerator freezer temp. Control knob [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Magic Chef refrigerator model #RB150TV. The freezer temperature control knob is broken. I have a new knob but I'm not sure how to remove and replace the broken knob. Any help would be appreciated.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.