Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lionfoxx Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2005, 10:36 AM
    Replacement Humidifier for Carrier 49FH
    Any one have a suggestion for a Carrier model 49FH, fan powered model humidifier? Looks like no one ever changed the filter, plus they tapped the water line before the softner, I don't know if that is good or bad.

Any recommendations on a replacement for this model?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2005, 11:01 AM
    Softened water or not, humidifiers take a beating. Maybe buy a cheap one powered by the air moving in the duct, no motor to burn out when minerals clog it, and the metal screens do not clog up like belts. When you can't salvage it again with vinegar or navel jelly, pitch it and buy a new one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Aprilaire Humidifier [ 1 Answers ]

I just installed an Aprilaire 550 humidifier on my Goodman furnace but can't figure out how to wire it. The furnace has a control board which has a 24 volt HUM terminal. My humistat has two terminals. I am looking for a very simple explanation on how to wire this thing up.

AC condensate/humidifier runoff [ 1 Answers ]

Are there any code restrictions on draining AC condensate and humidifier run off? Generally, I see the drain pipe run to floor drain which is connected to the city sewer. In my case the floor drain is on the other side of the basement so I ran the drain to the sump pump which obviously pumps to...

Wire Honeywell Humidifier [ 2 Answers ]

I have an HE360A humidifier, an h8908b manual humidistat and a two stage Trane Furnace. The Furnace already has a 120 to 24v transformer wired to the furmace, which is how the old April air humidifier was wired. There are two yellow wires coming out of the water inlet solenoid on the...

Humidifier installation [ 2 Answers ]

Got a new Cleanaire humidifier with 24 volts input and have problem to find 24 volts feed from furnace. Is there any way to get 24 volt from furnace without using 120 to 24 volts transformer. Thanks in advance. :confused:

View more questions Search