Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Oct 4, 2014, 07:22 AM
    It really saddens me that so much pressure is put on these young kids to date, have a girl/boy friend.
    Personally, I think when you have lots of opposite sex friends when you are younger, by the time you are of dating age (16+) you
    are much more relaxed. Just relax and have friends, lots of friends. Don't tie yourself to one person at such a young age.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 4, 2014, 08:02 AM
    Yes it is sad that kids grow up so fast, too fast for many of us, but it's important to acknowledge their growing up, and give them age appropriate answers, and guidance in open and honest ways to their questions because their awareness of emerging feelings will not go away. It's the start of teaching boundaries, to protect themselves from the worst things that can happen so they can deal with the facts of their experiences and not just those new intense feelings alone, or worse through peer influence.

The training wheels seem to be coming off sooner, rather than later, and his mom seems to be engaged in monitoring him also. That's a great thing in my view. My advice would be a lot different if I didn't believe that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Teen Dating girl dating younger boy? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm a 15 year old girl turning 16 in September and I'm in year 10. This boy who I think is reallly cute asked me out the only problem is I found out that he is turning 14 and in year 7! Would it be wrong if I Went out with him considering there is a 2 yr age difference?? :confused:

Questions about Match.com or Online Dating [ 4 Answers ]

SO I was helping my buddy start a profile (because he is single and wants to start dating) and I found a very beautiful girl off there who had an amazing profile. I made a profile this morning @ work, winked @ her and she emailed me. I emailed her back and we've been talking for a bit tonight? ...

Another dating questions? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi - not sure how to update the topic, so I created a new post... Sorry! A little background: He has been a friend for a while, hung out as friends, I got him through a difficult time, we parted on unfriendly terms because I was seeing someone else and he wanted me then. The only reason that...

Questions about moving on and dating again [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend broke up w/ me about a week and half ago. I still have very strong feelings for him. He was my first. Im going through all the different emotions. Everybody tells me to move on and that its going to be rough but you'll get through it. I feel horrible but I understand what they're...

View more questions Search