Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ken stearns Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2014, 06:52 AM
    How do I get the drawers out of an Eagle Crest roll top secretary oak desk?
    Cannot get the drawers out of an eagle crest roll top secretaries desk. There are no latches in back of drawers
    Fumble-Stumble Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2014, 02:18 PM
    Here's what I found by purely by accident or more accurately by anger and brute force. All drawers are secured near the front instead of the back as is usually the case.

About 3" from the front of the rail I found an approx 1/2 wide piece of plastic sticking above the frame of the rail assembly.

The plastic that sticks up has to be compressed enough so that it will allow the drawer to be lifted. The plastic fits through a slot in the rail frame. I found that lightly hammering on the plastic compresses it enough so that it will fit through the hole in the rail frame.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unlocking drawers on roll top desk [ 20 Answers ]

I have a roll top desk that I purchased in 1988 or 89. I can neither get the top to roll down nor open the side drawers. There are two keys - one of which opens a small compartment on the top of the desk - the other unlocked the roll top. The roll top is now stuck in an opened position and I...

How do you remove drawers from an eaglecraft roll top desk [ 1 Answers ]

I have an Eagle Craft roll top desk which is quite large and very heavy. Does anyone know how to remove the drawers? Several people have looked and studied all parts of the desk, and cannot find anyway to get the drawers out, and it is way too heavy to move even when the drawers are empty. The...

Oak Crest Roll-Top Desk Compartments [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I'm new here, but I thought this seemed like the place to see if anyone had an answer since I've gotten quite a bit of information on this type of desk just by reading old posts! My friend just got an Oak Crest Roll-Top Desk from family storage and has been trying to figure out...

Unlocking drawers on roll top desk 106072 [ 0 Answers ]

How do I unlock the drawers on a oak crest roll top desk

Two side-middle drawers on Roll top desk have become locked [ 2 Answers ]

We have a large rolltop desk by Winner's Only Inc. (not an antique) somehow in normal use, the two middle drawers on both sides have become locked. How do we open them. No key holes, just some kind of tricky mechanism.

View more questions Search