Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lorelei96 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2014, 11:05 PM
    Obgyn help? Please?
    Hi,
    2 months ago I found that the skin up top around my clitoris, the vulva and just the inside of my vagina has been really itchy. There's no discharge or odor but there is little white "wet toilet paper" looking bits that appear and the skin around the vulva is quite dry.
    It's been painful to have intercourse too.
    I have no idea what this is but it's driving me nuts!
    It may also be worth noting that I started the pill just last month and this all began after having intercourse with my new partner (who has been tested).
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 1, 2014, 11:10 PM
    Sounds like a yeast infection, but your doctor can tell you for sure.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 2, 2014, 03:08 AM
    Agree it is some type of infection, most likely a yeast infection but just go to your doctor and be sure. Perhaps no sex, till you are checked out
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Oct 2, 2014, 06:55 AM
    Men get yeast infections as well as women, but most of the time they either don't really notice (They're always scratching their junk) or it goes away with proper cleaning. The downside to this is that they can inoculate their partners with more of the yeast and cause the imbalance. As well hormonal changes can cause a different chemical/biological balance in your vulva and vaginal canal. This can cause more yeast infections. The proper way to deal with this is to get it diagnosed and treat it with an over the counter yeast infection remedy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ask an obgyn [ 2 Answers ]

I had a baby on 11/07/12. At my post partum check up on 12/18/12 my OB suggested the depo shot as BC. I was never on this shot before. She told me to come back within the first 5 days of my period to have the shot administered. It was about 2 weeks later when I started what I thought was my period....

Obgyn [ 0 Answers ]

I have a sharp pain on the right inside of my vagina when I have sex it hurts extremely bad. Also I have a lump on the surface of my vagina by my thigh and its really hard and very tender

Ask a obgyn [ 0 Answers ]

I have one quick question. I am due June 10 2012 and didn't have a period! So according to the pregnancy wheel it was during the middle of September. But that is only for 28 day cycle women. According to my due date could I have still conceived only in September? Or could I have fallen pregnant in...

View more questions Search