Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iseah100 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2014, 03:10 PM
    A little help with this?
    Okay, so, there is this girl at work who is super cute, we hung out yesterday and it was really cool. We smoked, chilled, then I asked for her number and she gave me it and left. Anyway today, I texted her just for like a little. We exchanged like 4 texts, but I really want to hang out with her on Friday, but I don't want to seem too desperate and text her like a bunch of days in a row. This girl is like way out of my league, I don't have like low self esteem or anything but I mean, I can tell when someone is out of my league. Anyway, should I ask her to hang out Friday? Neither of us work that day and I don't have plans. Or should I wait? What should I ask? It may seem simple, but my last relationship, my ex said I was too clingy and too nice. Don't want to make the same mistake. Oh and I'm 19 and the girl is 18.

Thanks for any help.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Oct 1, 2014, 03:54 PM
    First off, no on is out of anyone's league. That is all this friendzone crap starts. Everyone is in everyone's league, if you think otherwise you'll consign yourself to looking 'in your league' and miss out on something special and possibly hurt many people on the way.

I would ask. There's no harm and the worst she can say is no. You want to spend time with her and it 'isn't a date'.

The other thing is that one person's clingy is another person's distanced. You do the post morteum of your last relationship and figure out if you were too clingy. If you don't think you were then you're fine. It is all about how you grow as a person. It might be that you fall fast and get into things quickly, or she wasn't as into you and you thought you were further along then she did and that's were the difference in perception was.

Regardless that is old news. Just go with confidence. As her to hang.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 1, 2014, 04:02 PM
    Ask her in person if she wants to hang out Friday.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 1, 2014, 04:06 PM
    Agreed, if she is working, where you do, then she is not out of your league. I assume you may be talking about "looks"

But hanging out, is not a date, (although I think you should ask her out to do something, besides use drugs and sit around)

No, asking someone out, after a few chats is not wrong, it is the correct thing to do

Oct 1, 2014, 04:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CravenMorhead View Post
    First off, no on is out of anyone's league. That is all this friendzone crap starts. Everyone is in everyone's league, if you think otherwise you'll consign yourself to looking 'in your league' and miss out on something special and possibly hurt many people on the way.

I would ask. There's no harm and the worst she can say is no. You want to spend time with her and it 'isn't a date'.

The other thing is that one person's clingy is another person's distanced. You do the post morteum of your last relationship and figure out if you were too clingy. If you don't think you were then you're fine. It is all about how you grow as a person. It might be that you fall fast and get into things quickly, or she wasn't as into you and you thought you were further along then she did and that's were the difference in perception was.

Regardless that is old news. Just go with confidence. As her to hang.
    I guess, she like models though and stuff and I'm good looking, but no model haha. Maybe I was a bit clingy, not like a bunch, but my ex cheated on me so she's kind of a bit ch. But she was my first long term relationship. Should I ask her through text? Tomorrow? I don't want to ask Friday cause she might have plans by then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Agreed, if she is working, where you do, then she is not out of your league. I assume you may be talking about "looks"

But hanging out, is not a date, (although I think you should ask her out to do something, besides use drugs and sit around)

No, asking someone out, after a few chats is not wrong, it is the correct thing to do
    Yea, looks, obviously lol. I don't think anyone is out of my league via socioeconomic status haha.

But should I ask her via text? I went in work on Tuesday for paperwork and ended up talking to her for like an hour then we hung out so I don't want to go in again, on a day I don't work.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Oct 1, 2014, 05:29 PM
    Oh goodness, don't text her. That is so tacky and juvenile. If you want to go out with the girl ask in person.

Oct 1, 2014, 05:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50 View Post
    Oh goodness, don't text her. That is so tacky and juvenile. If you want to go out with the girl ask in person.
    I already asked her in person though. The first time we hung out. I won't see her again till Saturday unless we hang out.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Oct 1, 2014, 05:34 PM
    Well then call her.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Oct 1, 2014, 05:34 PM
    Maybe....call her? They used to do such things back in the old days and it usually worked pretty well.

Edit- LOL...Homegirl and I answered at the same time.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Oct 1, 2014, 05:36 PM
    What did she say when you asked in person?

Oct 1, 2014, 05:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50 View Post
    Well then call her.
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    Maybe....call her? They used to do such things back in the old days and it usually worked pretty well.

Edit- LOL...Homegirl and I answered at the same time.
    Lol that's awkward. We don't call much. We being my age group.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat1864 View Post
    What did she say when you asked in person?
    The first time? Lol "yea".
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2014, 05:49 PM
    Either grow some balls and call her... or give up and settle for someone else you aren't afraid to ask.

If its "awkward"... then get ready to spend most of your time alone. Seriously. Ever hear the term Carpe Diem? It means seize the day... the spoils go to those with the balls to go after them... otherwise be happy with the crumbs left behind.

THAT is the rule that governs the world. Sure she might say no......but if you don't ask her, then she's going to end up with a guy thats NOT afraid to ask her, that is a certainty.

Oct 1, 2014, 05:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Either grow some balls and call her... or give up and settle for someone else you aren't afraid to ask.

If its "awkward"... then get ready to spend most of your time alone. Seriously. Ever hear the term Carpe Diem? It means seize the day... the spoils go to those with the balls to go after them... otherwise be happy with the crumbs left behind.

THAT is the rule that governs the world. Sure she might say no......but if you don't ask her, then she's going to end up with a guy thats NOT afraid to ask her, that is a certainty.
    It's awakward whenever I call anyone I know. I hate being on the phone. Do girls prefer you call, rather then text? I didn't think it was that big a deal.
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2014, 06:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by iseah100 View Post
    It's awakward whenever I call anyone I know. I hate being on the phone. Do girls prefer you call, rather then text? I didn't think it was that big a deal.
    Practice makes perfect... do it a few times and it won't be awkward any more. That's the biggest mistake shy people make... avoiding awkward situations because they aren't comfotable with them.

You force yourself to do it at first... then the fear will be gone soon enough, it will stop being awkward. Do that with all things you are afraid of and eventually you will conquer all your worst fears.

I wasn't always a type "A" person. I was once a quiet and somewhat shy person. I didn't like being the quiet and somewhat shy person. And I set out to change that and did. Through force of will.

I learned in my early 20's why the good guy always finishes last. Its because everyone else learned even earlier, the best things are in limited supply....and like sales at a store....the stock gets sold qickly. Leaving the person that finally rolls in at the end of the day finding empty shelves.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Oct 1, 2014, 06:01 PM
    A call is personal. It takes effort.
    Entomology Expert

Oct 1, 2014, 06:02 PM
    Ok, so I think we have established that you don't want to call. We have also seemed to get that the younger generation only texts and doesn't actually know how to use the phone feature. Further, you need to contact her somehow before Friday and it will look weird if you go in to work just to do so. Correct?

So you are uncomfortable talking to her in this situation either on phone or in person. You are scared of facing her and being personally rejected. Fine...do something! Even if it's a lame text, do something! At least if you fail, you will be able to know you tried...better than kicking yourself in the as$ for the next 2 years for not trying.

Me? I would call...

Oct 1, 2014, 06:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    Ok, so I think we have established that you don't want to call. We have also seemed to get that the younger generation only texts and doesn't actually know how to use the phone feature. Further, you need to contact her somehow before Friday and it will look weird if you go in to work just to do so. Correct?

So you are uncomfortable talking to her in this situation either on phone or in person. You are scared of facing her and being personally rejected. Fine...do something! Even if it's a lame text, do something! At least if you fail, you will be able to know you tried...better than kicking yourself in the as$ for the next 2 years for not trying.

Me? I would call...
    Well, not totally right. I went in and asked her to chill, but on the phone I think it'd be weird. Although it'd be easier for her to say no via text I think.

Calls seem so... idk.
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2014, 06:09 PM
    Well... do it your way. Don't be surprised if she ends up dating someone NOT afraid to call her or ask her out. Because if she's a lot better than average looking, someone will, a lot sooner than you think. You won't have anyone to blame but yourself. Trust me...she's NOT going to be sitting around at home alone waiting for you.

Take the easy way out and expect to hear a lot of NO answers. THe lazy guy is not appealing to women that have a good head on their shoulders. Because the Lazy guy works at a low paying job briving a worn out piece of junk....the guy that makes the extra effort at everything works at a high paying job and drives a Mercedes or BMW. Women take notice of who will be a better provider...it takes a lot more than just being a "nice guy", there are a lot of Type "A" people who are nice guys too....some are really nice guys.

Oct 1, 2014, 06:11 PM
    Okay, I'll call her tomorrow, sheesh, smoothy. Making me reevaluate my life and .
    Entomology Expert

Oct 1, 2014, 06:13 PM
    Smoothy is right...he may be a little harsh about it but he is trying to make you see it how it is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search