Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iseah100 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2014, 06:14 PM
    What if she doesn't like phone calls like me? What if she thinks it's weird? My ex used to think it was weird too.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2014, 06:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by iseah100 View Post
    Okay, I'll call her tomorrow, sheesh, smoothy. Making me reevaluate my life and .

I'm direct..it usually gets people thinking and listening to what I'm saying. I think you really would like to date her... and well, fact is... she's not going to be unattached for long... you don't have forever to do it. Women like a guy that's confident in themselves... notice being confident does not equal being a butthole (though there actually is a special class of women that do go for that type)... if you don't feel good about yourself... she will notice, and its not appealing to most women.

Worst thing that she can say is no. The worst thing that you can do.....is sit around and moan about how you wanted to date her but never got the balls to ask her, then she meets someone else and really hits it off, and you will never know.

Hinting around about it isn't the same as asking. And will get you nowhere.

If she doesn't like it...then she's the weird one.....

I dated dozens of women from a number of countries. I've actually lived in two countries and spend a lot of time in both. I've been married a long time...but if I was the type to do it.....I could pick up lots of single women...EVEN WEARING A WEDDING RING. I've been hit on by women less than half my age more than a few times ....clearly enough there was NO doubt they wanted to....one even said so (she was 20, I'm over 50)....and a LOT more that were more subtle about it. Yes a lady friend (platonic friend) pointed some out asking me how I could be so relaxed and cool about it.

But I have a pretty good wife....some of them were really hot (just being honest), but I was sure none would ever really measure up in the long run with the one I had already. So it was actually pretty easy to do the right thing..

It should be easier for a single guy thats unattached.

Oct 1, 2014, 06:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    I'm direct..it usually gets people thinking and listening to what I'm saying. I think you really would like to date her... and well, fact is... she's not going to be unattached for long... you don't have forever to do it. Women like a guy that's confident in themselves... notice being confident does not equal being a butthole... if you don't feel good about yourself... she will notice, and its not appealing to most women.
    Got it. Thanks man, I guess I'll call her and see if she wants to hang out on Friday... maybe haha. I'm confident in person, it's on the phone I run into trouble.
    it, I'm gonna call her. The worst that happens is she says no and things get a little weird at work. But even then we could just be friends I guess. I'm pretty sure she's into me though.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2014, 07:05 PM
    Exactly.. the worst she can do is say no. If she does.. it only gets as weird as you let it get. You continue to treat her with respect if she does... be nice to her and you could always remain friends. I'm still friends with several I wanted to date, but didn't want to take it to the next level. What happens then is all in how you handle it. It doesn't HAVE to be an all or nothing situation.

Oct 1, 2014, 07:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Exactly.. the worst she can do is say no. If she does.. it only gets as weird as you let it get. You continue to treat her with respect if she does... be nice to her and you could always remain friends. I'm still friends with several I wanted to date, but didn't want to take it to the next level. What happens then is all in how you handle it. It doesn't HAVE to be an all or nothing situation.
    Right on, man. Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search