Ask
    recevil Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2014, 05:53 PM
    Appendix
    Can the appendix be removed at birth why wait when it has no use
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 30, 2014, 05:59 PM
    Unneeded surgery would be too hard on an infant. It would be cruel to do add more trauma to a baby that is not needed.

Science should work with DNA modification to merely do away with humans having one,

Sep 30, 2014, 06:18 PM
    I see thank you for your information and keep helping the people who need you.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 30, 2014, 07:28 PM
    An appendectomy is an abdominal surgery that carries some serious, potentially life threatening risks. Performing this surgery on an infant unnecessarily increases the risks exponentially.

Sep 30, 2014, 07:30 PM
    Thank you
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 1, 2014, 04:23 AM
    Also, while the appendix is no longer necessary, it does no harm unless it becomes infected. I still have mine.

Oct 1, 2014, 12:13 PM
    Good to know
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 1, 2014, 04:42 PM
    Yes, most people, grow old, and never have them taken out

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Appendix [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm a 41 f. I was vomitting all day on sat with lower abdominal pain.I went to the ER and theuy thought this was my appendix.They did the CT scan and then cleared me to go home.I am still a little nausea as well as lower abdominal pain. So what do I do.

Pregnancy or appendix? [ 0 Answers ]

I have sharp pains in my lower adonminal area an had a head ache from my back of my neck up an feel a little nausea sometimes is this signs of pregnancy or my appendix being inflamed?

How do you know if your Appendix is about to burst? [ 1 Answers ]

I just woke up and the pain in my stomach was so severe that it was difficult to get out of bed and walk to the bathroom, as well use the bathroom. I'm having a hard time sitting/standing.

I had my appendix taken out [ 5 Answers ]

I was supposed to start my period early this week.But the catch is.. About one month or so ago I had my appendix taken out&the doctors told me to stop taking my birth control pills. Well after about a month of not taking them, they told me to start back on them. About a week be4 I started taking...

Child appendix [ 8 Answers ]

My daughter has had pain her her tummy around the naval since yesterday morning. When it started she had no temp and no other symptoms. Around noon she vomited and then by about for her temp was 99.7, I know that's a very low grade temp. Now this morning she awoke with a temp of 100.6 still low...

View more questions Search