Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    matt72 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2014, 02:35 PM
    Silver Plate Marks with 1111 below it
    I have an old sugar container its really soft and bendable with Derby silver plate company stamped on the bottom with the numbers 1111 below it is this worth anything
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 30, 2014, 02:42 PM
    I cant give you an estimation of your silver piece but can let you know that the Derby Silver Co. was in operation from the mid l800s and a very popular make. There are several items on EBay; you may want to take a look there to get a fair idea of what people want for these items. The 1111 is probably the stamp of the person who designed that particular pattern.

Derby pieces were usually triple plated, making them more valuable as a keepsake.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Silver Plate Marks Identification? [ 0 Answers ]

I have a serving spoon which has the mark of EPGSS on the handle my first thought was electro plated German Silver but that leaves a spare S can any one help?

Silver plate marks identification [ 2 Answers ]

I have a silver plate serving dish and lid. I would like to find out the maker. The marks are On the left side there is a shield with a horse head in it in the middle thereis another shield with small s a large F and a co. on the right side there is another shied with three birds in it. Also...

Silver Plate [ 2 Answers ]

I have a small set of Original Rogers Silver Plate flatware in the rosebud pattern. Could you tell me if it is worth anything.Thank you.

Silver Plate or silver id marks [ 2 Answers ]

I have a serving fork , I think its silver plate but can not id the marks can any one help? The makers mark is a crown with the initials EP below the crown then there are four double lettered shield like marks with a mix of symbols and letters which I can name they look to be in old type letters...

Silver plate marks identification [ 0 Answers ]

Have nickel/silver crumber. Marks are a crown, MSC, an anchor. It is alos stamper c70. What is the company name?

View more questions Search