Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chocolaetdrop Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2014, 08:42 PM
    Cars
    I have a 2001 pontiac grand prix it will go n reverse. Neutral but not drive what could b the problem
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 29, 2014, 09:57 PM
    Moved from society and culture, to Cars and Trucks.

It is a clutch or transmission issue. (based on the little info given)
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2014, 04:46 AM
    It may be a bad Neutral Safety Switch ($30). This switch controls current flow to PRNDL. It is a high wear item. Align index marks on new Neutral Safety Switch, set the gear selector to N, remove and install the switch on the transmission. Also, check the fluid level, color, and smell--it should be full, pink (not brown), and no burnt smell. I would also test all under hood and under dash fuses with a test light or multi-meter.

Realistically, if you have not dropped and cleaned the pan and magnet, changed the filter, and filled with ATF every 30,000 miles, the ATX likely needs rebuilding.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cars [ 0 Answers ]

My 1993 honda accord takes off real sluggesh its like it is in 3rd gear also it is an automatic I replace the tcu because it would not change gears so then it ran good for awhile so I decided to try and fix the air condition that's when the transmission stop shifting so I change the selonoids and...

Need cars [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I am a Forensic Nurse Examiner I work in a unit with 6 full-time nurse examiners. We travel throughout Maricopa County providing Medical forensic examinations for patients of sexual assault. We are finding it difficult using our personal vehicles for all the driving we do. How do we go about...

Cars [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1990 nissan maxima ( automatic ) . I recently was told my transmission is going and recently the car stopped going into reverse then worked in reverse for one day and now it's back to not going into reverse at all . Now even in reverse or nuetral the car will not roll back if pushed ( even...

All about cars [ 5 Answers ]

I have a mazda protégé from 91, how much would a new engine cost ( & does me being cute have anything to do with the cost of the engine being able to be lowered)?

View more questions Search