Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thule Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2014, 09:15 AM
    Married to USC and in the US. Should I-130 be filed before I-485 or can concurrent fi
    Married to USC and in US. Can I-130 & I-485 be filed concurrently or should I-130 be filed first?
    newacct Posts: 321, Reputation: 21

Sep 29, 2014, 10:48 AM
    If you qualify for I-485, I-130 and I-485 should be filed concurrently. There is no benefit to filing I-130 without filing I-485 -- I-130 by itself doesn't authorize you to stay in the U.S.
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65

Nov 20, 2014, 07:50 AM
    Agreed, file concurrently with the application for EAD and advance parole. All included in the same filing fee.

Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it better to submit I-130 and I-485 together? [ 4 Answers ]

Me and my husband (USC) got married in Bosnia, where I am currently living, and he is working oversees. We plan to go to the States in December and start our lives there. My question is: Should he already submit the I-130 petition and when I get there (with B1 visa) ask for adjustment of status...

I-130 and I-485 address questions [ 2 Answers ]

Hello All, I have been sweating bullets, I am this close to filing but I am trying to be very honest and truthful about whatever I put on the forms. Came here on F-1, F-1 expired, fell out of status , met wife (U.S Citizen) dated for a yr.. . married for 4 yrs. Now in NM. We have a daughter...

File I-485 or wait for I-130 approval? [ 0 Answers ]

Hi there! Me and my wife got married last summer (2011) when she was in removal proceedings and I was a green card holder. We filed I-130. I got my citizenship September 2011. I called USCIS right after to ask any further instructions and they said they would upgrade the case manually over the...

Filling fee for I-130 & I-485 [ 2 Answers ]

Do I need to send separate checks for I-130 & I-485 or one check for both because I'm sending I-130 & I-485 in one packet.

View more questions Search