Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    james1998 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2014, 07:53 PM
    I get super close to my sister then she just drops me.
    Me and my step sister are super close. But these past few weeks we have gotten super close. It's got to the point where she called me babe. It might sound weird but we have talked about it and it does not mean we are in a relationship. We were talking like 24/7 then one day I posted on facebook I was tired of being plan B. She texted me and was like I hope that wasnt about me and I was like it wasn't I promise. Then 5 min later she said well just so you know my mom and your dad said that we can't talk during school anymore or they're gonna shut our phones off. Well we were talking on this thing called kik its like messaging but through wifi. We used that cause I did not have service at school. So when she told me that I was like I understand but I'm going to delete my kik. Then she was like ummm ok coming from the one who made me make it....

Anyways she took me wrong with all of it and now she wont really talk to me and it kind of hurts going from 24/7 to never.. Does anyone have any advice?
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Sep 28, 2014, 08:04 PM
    How about talking to each other in real life? I assume you see her from time to time. Talk to her when you see her and make sure you both understand why she's not talking to you. The fact that she calls you "babe" is disturbing. That's a name for someone you are dating or are married to, not your step brother.
    james1998 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2014, 08:22 PM
    The fact that she calls you "babe" is disturbing.
    Yeah like I said a lot of people fine it weird, but thank you for your advice I never have tried to actually talk to her about how I feel in person...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 28, 2014, 09:53 PM
    Sisters are close, then they fight, that is just natural.

Important thing, to make up and go on with life.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 28, 2014, 10:09 PM
    Chuck. These aren't sisters. One is a brother, the other is a sister.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 29, 2014, 01:57 AM
    'IT might sound weird but we have talked about it and it does not mean we are in a relationship.'

Not clear what might be happening. I'm not surprised that your parents have put a stop to parts of it. Being step siblings is an awkward situation for the whole family. How long have you two known each other, and how old is each of you?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My sister and boyfriend are getting too close? [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my sister use to work together at the same place. At this time she was single and I had a boyfriend. So she meet this guy and ended exchanging numbers. They honestly talked for about a week and she ended up dating another guy which is her ex husband at the time. Well then that guy she...

Boyfriend's fake sister. Too close, lives in his house, wears his clothes etc. Help! [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I both are 17. I have recently found out that one of the girls my boyfriend introduced to me as his sister is not, in fact, his sister. She is just a really close family friend. She has no blood or legal ties with him what so ever! Yet she is so close to his family that she has her...

Boyfriend and sister, too close? [ 5 Answers ]

So my boyfriend and I have Been dating for over a year now and my younger sister who is now 15 (we're both 22) has I guess you can say a little girl crush on him. Which is fine she's boy crazy I don't think too much into it. Well recently he moved in with us, my boyfriend, and it seems as though he...

Super Shy in a Super Social environment [ 8 Answers ]

I am an 18 year old, Canadian Boy My problem is that I am a very shy person when it comes to speaking with adults, strangers, authorities, and for the most part all girls. The type of people I surround myself with are the so called popular group. Having all my friends in the popular group leaves...

Gas line & dryer vent pipe - how close is too close? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm rerouting the gas dryer vent piping so that it will inside the adjoining stud wall. At the top of the wall the vertical exhaust pipe will be within an inch or two of the horizontal running copper gas supply line. Question - is there a minimum distance that the metal dryer exhaust pipe must...

View more questions Search