Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    katfk007 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2014, 08:14 PM
    Can I pass an alcohol/ETG test in 43 hours?
    I have to take an ETG test on Monday at 4:30 pm at latest. If I fail, I will most likely go to jail because I have already failed numerous times. But I also drank about 10 alcoholic beverages the night before each test thinking I would pass.

Thursday night I had 1 glass of wine at 8 pm.
    Friday night I started drinking at 6:30 pm. I had 2 two ounce shots of rum. At 8 pm I drank 2 glasses of wine. At 9:15 pm, I drank almost 2 beers (I had 20 oz.) At 1 am, I drank 2 shots of fireball whisky. That makes about 8 drinks from 6:30 pm until 1:15 am.
    Tonight (Saturday), I started drinking at 4 pm. I had 2 glasses of wine and a shot of vodka. At 8 pm, I had one glass of wine. That's about 4 drinks from 4 pm until 9 pm.
    I am a female, 5 ft, 110 lbs with a high tolerance and a fast metabolism. I ate regular meals each day along with lots of water. I actually eat a lot.
    PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF I HAVE A CHANCE AT PASSING AN ETG TEST THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW (MONDAY AT 4:30PM.) I will not drink any more. Just drink lots of water and eat regularly, along with milk thistle. PLEASE HELP! I APPRECIATE ALL ANSWERS!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 27, 2014, 08:23 PM
    At 43 hours you will most likely fail. It appears you have a drug and alcohol problem, jail won't cure it. Maybe it's time to consider rehab.

Sep 27, 2014, 09:19 PM
    Smoothy: I drank, but I didn't take the tremadol/ultram. As far as going to jail, I'll face the consequences if I have to.

I drank a night before and have passed numerous times and lately I've been failing which is why I started recording what I drink.
    Expert

Sep 27, 2014, 09:55 PM
    It's time to consider rehab if you have resorted to keeping track of your drinking times.

Have you you admitted to being an alcoholic yet?

Sep 27, 2014, 10:32 PM
    Yes, I have admitted to being an alcoholic. What does that have to do with my passing an ETG test?
    Jail and rehab obviously didn't change my mind and I have to go again, then I will. But do you think that punishing me will keep me from drinking once I am out of jail? It's not like I had a DUI or drink or drive. I hold a 43 hour a week job and have great relationships with my family and fiancé. So no, jail is not wanted and I was curious to see if I would pass.
    Expert

Sep 27, 2014, 10:51 PM
    No. You won't pass. And I certainly hope you don't ​pass.

Please stop posting the same question repeatedly. All duplicates will be removed.

I must say that I feel sorry for you. Admitting you are an alcoholic is only the first step. You are prohibited from drinking by law, yet you continue to do it only to worry on a daily basis if you will wind up in jail, and have to look over your shoulder constantly. That's a very sad life to live.

While you may have a relationship with your family and fiancé, it won't last forever should you continue this path of self-destruction. You may hold a 43 hour a week job, but you risk finding yourself jobless if you have to go to jail.

In case you are wondering, I do have experience in this area, but my experience isn't going to help you. Only you can help you. That will come when you hit rock bottom and lose everything you have come to know. Including your own life if you don't make changes soon.

I just noticed that you are female. I don't know if you have any children, but I hope not. Should you ever get pregnant there is a high probability you will lose custody immediately after birth if this continues.

Sep 27, 2014, 11:57 PM
    Thanks for your opinion. I wasn't looking for one. I was looking for educated answers here.
    Expert

Sep 28, 2014, 12:03 AM
    The educated answer is that your chances are slim to none. To pass it takes 60 to 80 hours of sobriety.

The thing about a site like this is that once you post a question you open yourself to any and all responses.

I can tell you I enjoy life more now that I'm not constantly stressing. It was a very bleak existence for a few years. And THAT my friend is an educated answer.

Sep 28, 2014, 12:06 AM
    Why have I passed about 17 tests drinking the day before the test and this past month not? I'm starting to wonder if it was just a unine test for alcohol and the times I failed, the alcohol was not excreted out in my urine. In that case, I'll definitely pass. I'm not a miserable person. I am very happy with my life. Today's drinking was because I am rep for an alcohol company and we had an event today.
    It's hard to work my side job on the weekends which pay very well and be supervised at the same time.
    Expert

Sep 28, 2014, 12:09 AM
    Does your probation officer know of your job?

Sep 28, 2014, 12:12 AM
    I'm not on proation.
    Expert

Sep 28, 2014, 12:14 AM
    And why did you fail numerous times? Your stories are conflicting and, just like an out of control alcoholic, you are making excuses.

Remember, you are talking to someone with experience.

So, you are an alcohol rep, but you don't drink and drive? Guess what. I don't believe you. Why don't I believe you? Because I knew many alcohol reps in my past. Are you going to blame your company when you do kill someone?

Quote Originally Posted by katfk007 View Post
    I'm not on proation.
    . So you are testing for gits and shingles. I get that. You will also go to jail voluntarily if you fail. Makes sense to me. But then again I've been sober for many years now, I think clearer.

Sep 28, 2014, 12:18 AM
    I am in drug court. I don't have a probation officer over me telling me where I need to work. You don't even have to have a job in drug court. My full time is administrative assistant/payroll. The liquor and wine promotions are on the weekends. It's a side job of mine.

My fiancé drops me off and picks me up, to be honest with you. Is that hard to believe?

I've done my time in state prison for 3 years. Before that incarceration, I was a crazy alcoholic and drug addict. I am not that person today. Just had a slip up with the law with marijuana, which I quit in January which is why I am in drug court where if I fail too many times, I go to jail. But No, I do not have a probation officer. Google Drug Court.
    Expert

Sep 28, 2014, 12:20 AM
    I get it. You chose drug court for something extra to do. You never got in trouble, just something you wanted to try. That clears a lot of things up. Maybe I should try that in my extra time.

Sorry, as an ex addict (my drug of choice is my business), the cousin of someone killed by a drunk driver, the daughter of an alcoholic, as well as the wife of an alcoholic, you can't pull the wool over my eyes no matter how hard you try.

Sep 28, 2014, 12:24 AM
    My next question is, why are you wasting your time to make me feel like I have no chance? Is that what your motive is? To ridicule and judge others? It's not very nice to wish failure upon another person that you don't even know. And I don't know if yourself has kids, but you never know if they will be stuck in a predicament like this. Anyway, thanks for your input.

I never said I didn't get in trouble... re read. I did 3 years in State prison, then had a run in with the law after that for marijuana which I no longer use and my sentence was Drug Court, an outpatient program where if you complete it, your charge gets expunged.
    Luck0rN0t Posts: 263, Reputation: 45

Sep 28, 2014, 12:26 AM
    It does matter, a great deal if it is an ETG or Etoh test. One possibility I have heard, but never seen studies is that if you are a chronic heavy drinker that your body can actually metabolize ETG faster than a normal person's body... again, never seen any studies on that.

If you used to drink a great deal more than you have when in the recent past, when you failed, maybe your body's metabolism is adjusting to the decrease in alcohol intake? I can't believe a negative ETG the day after drinking 10 drinks although I can believe that for an Etoh UA, but I'm no expert. Maybe increase the quantity of drinks 2 days prior to see if your body's metabolism responds to that?

Hopefully, your body is becoming healthier each day and hopefully it is an ETG test.

Passed 17 tests in the last month by drinking the day before the test and you have still failed numerous times... my goodness... how many times a week do you have to test? Hope to God you get an ETG test!
    Expert

So you've been in prison. It's easier there and you want to go back. Still makes sense to me.

Hells Bells woman! Why don't you think more about yourself and try to turn your life around and live in this perpetual circle of freedom and incarceration.

Have you you ever been diagnosed with depression?

I don't have a probation officer. I did get in trouble. Failing too many alcohol test will put me in jail. I believe I will pass my next test. Does that make anything clearer to you?
    Expert

Sep 28, 2014, 12:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by katfk007 View Post
    My next question is, why are you wasting your time to make me feel like I have no chance? Is that what your motive is? To ridicule and judge others? It's not very nice to wish failure upon another person that you don't even know.
    My motive is to make you realize that there are consequences to your actions. Your actions deserve the consequences. If you aren't prepared to face the consequences, do not perform the actions. It's quite simple actually, but then again I'm sober.

Sep 28, 2014, 12:34 AM
    I have to take a test anywhere between 1 to 3 times a week. And I have been in this program for 6 months. As of Friday, I have to test Mon-Fri, 5 days a week. I think it's an EToH test... why would it be better if it was an ETG test?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can I pass alcohol EtG test after 40 hours? [ 3 Answers ]

I am 160 lb. 46 year old female, 5'4" and drank about 7 light beers on Sunday ending around 11:30 pm. Just found out I have to take a EtG urine test no later than 4:30 pm on Tuesday, just about 40 after consumption. If I drink lots of water will that help? Will anything help? I read lots of...

Can I pass an EtG alcohol test after 60 hours? [ 1 Answers ]

My friend is 270lb 38 year old male. He drank about 6 pitchers of beer Saturday night. He stopped drinking at 2am Sunday morning. Most of the day on Sunday and all of Monday and Tuesday he ate, drank a lot of water and soda pop. He also took a dose of B-12 all of those days. He has an EtG test on...

Can I pass a ETG alcohol test in 60 hours? [ 11 Answers ]

Im a 21 year old male, 5'7", 150 lbs. I am wondering if I can pass an ETG test in 60 hours after a few days of a little drinking. On Sunday I drank two 24 oz budlights, on Monday I drank a half a pint of Henessey and on Tuesday night I had 5 shots of bacardi. I have to drop on Friday before noon,...

How to pass EtG alcohol test in less than 24 hours [ 1 Answers ]

How to pass EtG alcohol test in less than 24 hours

View more questions Search